• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR

Either doing CTOR tomorrow or McMahon

McMahon for us. I'm bringing my oldest boy along. My logic is that I think McMahon will be super primo conditions considering there is a good amount of sand there normally. The flip side is that I do think CTOR will be a bit sloppy with the recent conditions.

Later,
CJB

The closest rain gauge with historical data is Killeen and it shows only 1.54" this month.

There's a pile of us headed up to ride at CTOR tomorrow if anybody wants to join

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Cool, I'll be there with Matt, Joey, Alex, Stover, Andrew, and I'm not sure who else. I had an interesting bike recovery there last weekend [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VNwNXuSFs"]Eject Button - YouTube[/ame].

Same trailer the week before [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze032PcyMSw"]Short Hill Climb shot - YouTube[/ame]

See you today :doh: . New rear tire has to get its first beating. It should know what its in for the next 3 months :rider:

Will be there at CTOR as well, shooting for 8:00AM arrival. Husky 501, gray / tan GMC 2500HD crew, long bed. Hope to see you and ride with you there!

Looks like we'll be doing a "spirited" ride at CTOR this sunday focusing on the more technical stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

An intermittent issue with my bike hauler is forcing me to bail on CTOR this weekend. I gotta scrounge for a truck part.

But I did take care of a fork seal leak so it wasn't a completely wasted dirtbike weekend.

Doggoneit, I am going to miss this one too. Gina and I are prepping for 2weeks in Mexico on the Stroms. maybe next month.

I just heard about this place from a friend at work. He has a membership and rides his quads there. Are there any "big bike" friendly trails? :rider:My friend said he sees a lot of dirt bikes, but not any big dual sports.

I just heard about this place from a friend at work. He has a membership and rides his quads there. Are there any "big bike" friendly trails? :rider:My friend said he sees a lot of dirt bikes, but not any big dual sports.
You CAN dual sport some of the trails there, but it's a lot more fun on a little bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I take my Husky FE501 out there and that's about as big as you going to have much fun with...

150's to 300's are really more suited

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+1 to what the previous posts have said.

I (on my KTM 250XCW) have been out there with a friend on his XR650R. We rode a lot of stuff. Even a bit of the technical loop #1 trail. But as soon as it got legitimately nasty we turned him back. But I'd say you could completely ride the more basic loops (if you had a little skill and are comfortable on your big bike).

Later,
CJB

+1 to what the previous posts have said.

I (on my KTM 250XCW) have been out there with a friend on his XR650R. We rode a lot of stuff. Even a bit of the technical loop #1 trail. But as soon as it got legitimately nasty we turned him back. But I'd say you could completely ride the more basic loops (if you had a little skill and are comfortable on your big bike).

Later,
CJB
You can complete all the loops (even #1) if you are comfortable on your big bike. But don't wander into the offshoot trails...

https://youtu.be/Fn1A6XpU6VI

Just recently got back into riding and got a Husky 501. Looking for someone to ride with at CTOR as I don't want to ride alone. I am in Killeen so really close.

Heading out tomorrow with the kids. Usually a big group of guys there on Sunday, but I think they are going to Smithville this weekend. I am in Salado and ride out there often. I will try to post up on here if i do. Need to get that 501 out.

A few of us are headed to CTOR Sunday morning. Post up if you are interested.

JT

Back