• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Custom Built End Grain Butcher Blocks / Cutting Boards .Nice Stocking Stuffers fo

Reaction score

I had Client order 30 of these that he was gonna pass around to his friends and clients for the Holidays .

I figured I'd make some extra's to sell and give away myself . Its all about the set-up time .

If your gonna do 1 you might as well do 5 , Right ???

I've got around 12-15 to get rid of till I hit the number of 30 left for my client .

All of these are end grain up , just like the old school Butcher Blocks at your local meat market .
Made to take it easy on your blades , and at the same time

being a beautiful conversation pc to display on your countertop

Or serve cheese and wine from it .

Made from Domestic Hard Maple , Cherry , Black Walnut , Hickory , and Imported Purpleheart .

To keep these the rest of your life and for who will Inherit it later on , whenever your thinking about it just wipe them down with some good ole fashioned Mineral Oil , stuff you get at your local Pharmacy .

Price is 45.00 a square ft , plus shipping , most of these will fit 2 in a med flat rate bx up to 2-4 in a lg flat Rate bx .

Here is the link to the album with 2 pics of each board , All of these are just under 1 1/2 thickness #'s 1 -25 are the larger ones, and 26 and up are the smaller ones , all are different sizes but basically in the same neighborhood .

Pm me , post to add , or email me for info , bigman77551@yahoo.com

Link To album with all the boards to choose from .
http://s864.photobucket.com/user/therealbigman/library/woodwork/2013 butcher blocks?sort=3&page=4

For example this # 42 measures 11 7/8 x 11 1/4 which is .93 sq ft x 45.00 is 41.85

107_zps36aa2013.jpg

089_zps6638aab5.jpg

079_zpsc397314e.jpg

#20 11 3/4 x 20 1/4 is 1.66 sq ft which would be 74.70

066_zps45c5e991.jpg

a few more

061_zps60dbde85.jpg

055_zps4e34c982.jpg

028_zps4ade84ce.jpg

Most of the smaller one's are around 1 ft give or take and the larger ones are 1 1/2 - 2 sq ft .

That's a big stocking...

Talking to the wife about one for some friends who are constantly feeding us some amazing meals. Personally I really like the look of that heartwood on #7 & #6.

Very nice, Marko. You're right, purpleheart is quite expensive.

By the way, I don't want to meet the person whose stockings these fit into. :lol2:

Sent you an email about #19 & #20.

Thanks - got your email. Still a little wobbly from the knee surgery Thursday, but should be able to get by there either tomorrow afternoon or most anytime Monday that's convenient for you.

...#20 11 3/4 x 20 1/4 is 166 sq ft which would be 74.70...

Dang Marko that's some crazy big board!! My entire kitchen isn't even 166 sq ft. hahaha

Still have a small one left? I'm driving to Lake Jackson today and thinking about taking the long way home past your sand bar and up to HI and around. I'll give you a call once I know what time. Want to let it warm up some before hitting the road and make sure no rain coming. Cold is ok, rain is ok but cold rain is miserable.

_

Dang Marko that's some crazy big board!! My entire kitchen isn't even 166 sq ft. hahaha

Still have a small one left? I'm driving to Lake Jackson today and thinking about taking the long way home past your sand bar and up to HI and around. I'll give you a call once I know what time. Want to let it warm up some before hitting the road and make sure no rain coming. Cold is ok, rain is ok but cold rain is miserable.

_

Fixt :mrgreen:

and come on by , I'll be around here .

Dang, I was going to cut it up for flooring! :doh:

These things look even better in person - Thanks Marko!

Marko......got the two large ones today. Beautiful work and will make perfect gifts. They should be displayed on the counter. Far too nice to stick in a cabinet to only see the light of day when being used. You are a real artist. Thanks.

Dan

These things look even better in person - Thanks Marko!

Marko......got the two large ones today. Beautiful work and will make perfect gifts. They should be displayed on the counter. Far too nice to stick in a cabinet to only see the light of day when being used. You are a real artist. Thanks.

Dan

Thanks Guys !!!!

Have about a dozen left if your looking for something original for that special someone . :deal:

Do you have any left? I have a friend I gave your info to who may be contacting you about one.

Jay ,

I have 1 big one left , found a little flaw in it so I would cut it off or sell it at cut off price and let the buyer roll with it Its # 14 its 24 3/4 long , it would clean up around 20 .

and maybe 3 little ones .

That's It

Back