• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Customers for life

That'll sure ruin a dealer's chances of getting your business, Jason. I had the opposite experience a few years ago when I rode down to San Marcos on my VStrom. I pulled into the hotel after dark, and realized I was hearing weird, scary drive train noises. The next morning I located a Suzi shop in the YP, went looking for it, and accidentally pulled into a Honda dealer without realizing it. The service manager was super nice, though. He trotted out to the bike and, in about a minute, spotted what I hadn't been able to find in the dark the night before. A bolt had slipped out of the chain guard, which was now dragging on the chain like a card in bicycle spokes. He disappeared inside, came back with a handful of nuts, bolts, & a socket wrench. In another 3 minutes, the problem was fixed - no charge. Needless to say, I gave those guys a five-star glowing review on Yelp. And If I ever go looking to buy a Honda at that end of I-35, that's where I'll go first.

Interesting ... there is a gun shop in Granbury who is much the same way, yet been open for as long as I can remember. His shop is messy and unorganized. Keeps no regular business hours and has the disposition of cornered raccoon. I thought the same as you about how he has stayed open all these years.

Then I found out his wife has family money and the Barnett shale was very good to them.

Yep.....you never know. However, I'd be willing to bet that if you looked at the taxes, they show a loss on the gun store business that helps the overall tax liability situation on their oil and gas revenue. If so, it's not really a mob front....but it's still a business that loses money that creates a tax shelter and is somewhat the same kind of thing.

But I agree....you never really know what is going on behind the scenes on some businesses. Some people are just bad at business and there's no questionable activity happening at all. At the end of the day, all you can do as a consumer is support businesses that do it right.

Someone told me once,
We buy on emotion, and attempt to justify with logic.

For multiple reasons, the emotion wasn't there for the buyer.

Back