• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Shack North

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
It's been a long time since I've been down, just curious on used bikes. Usually their front porch is over filled with used bikes and have 3 pages on website. Now they are down to one page, are all the used bikes really gone?? Maybe a good sign for used market.

First Name
Greg
Last Name
Timko
Motorcycle business is RED HOT in Utah ( not sure about the Great State of Texas.) Many of the local shops have very low inventory due to all the consumer purchases being made.

I also watch motorcycle auctions 2 or 3 times per week for a friend that owns 4 larger motorcycle dealerships. The auction pricing is really ridiculous ( HIGH) for the used bikes going through the auction. Many of the bikes are bringing the same price as my friend would try to sell the bike for at his dealerships.

Bicycles flying off the shelf, sure. Motorcycles not so much. Probably low inventory because they’re offering pennies on the dollar because they don’t want the extra overhead right now.

First Name
rick
Last Name
hirsch
I was in there a few weeks ago and noticed the new bike inventory was down. Especially the high end race bikes. Maybe they are just leaning to the side of caution regarding overhead, can't blame them for that. (Like Grozny said!)

budzrex

Forum Supporter
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Well with most of Europe in various states of shutdown for 3 months and even if they are building getting items shipped and through customs has been tough until the last few weeks ( we deal with it getting our equipment as our main factories are in France) it may be a lack of inventory getting to them and an uptick in sales as off road bikes and side by sides have had the best 3 months in recent years

I think Cycle Shack North may be failing. It's not surprising in this business environment. I recently had a very unfortunate experience with the parts department there such that I have replaced Cycle Shack North with a combination of Honda of Houston and internet OEM vendors for my Honda parts and associated supplies.

brg

I think Cycle Shack North may be failing. It's not surprising in this business environment. I recently had a very unfortunate experience with the parts department there such that I have replaced Cycle Shack North with a combination of Honda of Houston and internet OEM vendors for my Honda parts and associated supplies.
Pretty irresponsible of you to throw a rumor like that out there with no hard evidence.

First Name
rick
Last Name
hirsch
I have darkened the door of Cycle Shack North many times over the last few months...The crowd of folks getting parts kept me from hanging/talking to Steve or Carl. I was glad to see they were rockin and rollin!

First Name
John
Last Name
Daniels
I was in their service department having some updated passenger grab handles put on my wife's Goldwing about 2 weeks ago. I briefly spoke with the salesman who sold us the bike. He told me it has been absolutely nuts as far as sales go. He said, he has never seen anything like it since he's been there.
Between increased bike sales and the slow down in production due to the COVID-19, I can see inventories dropping. . .