• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cycle Shack North

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
It's been a long time since I've been down, just curious on used bikes. Usually their front porch is over filled with used bikes and have 3 pages on website. Now they are down to one page, are all the used bikes really gone?? Maybe a good sign for used market.

Motorcycle business is RED HOT in Utah ( not sure about the Great State of Texas.) Many of the local shops have very low inventory due to all the consumer purchases being made.

I also watch motorcycle auctions 2 or 3 times per week for a friend that owns 4 larger motorcycle dealerships. The auction pricing is really ridiculous ( HIGH) for the used bikes going through the auction. Many of the bikes are bringing the same price as my friend would try to sell the bike for at his dealerships.

Bicycles flying off the shelf, sure. Motorcycles not so much. Probably low inventory because they’re offering pennies on the dollar because they don’t want the extra overhead right now.

I was in there a few weeks ago and noticed the new bike inventory was down. Especially the high end race bikes. Maybe they are just leaning to the side of caution regarding overhead, can't blame them for that. (Like Grozny said!)

Well with most of Europe in various states of shutdown for 3 months and even if they are building getting items shipped and through customs has been tough until the last few weeks ( we deal with it getting our equipment as our main factories are in France) it may be a lack of inventory getting to them and an uptick in sales as off road bikes and side by sides have had the best 3 months in recent years

I think Cycle Shack North may be failing. It's not surprising in this business environment. I recently had a very unfortunate experience with the parts department there such that I have replaced Cycle Shack North with a combination of Honda of Houston and internet OEM vendors for my Honda parts and associated supplies.

My god son is the sales Manager of Ft worth Harley been selling 100 bikes a month .thats good news

I think Cycle Shack North may be failing. It's not surprising in this business environment. I recently had a very unfortunate experience with the parts department there such that I have replaced Cycle Shack North with a combination of Honda of Houston and internet OEM vendors for my Honda parts and associated supplies.

Pretty irresponsible of you to throw a rumor like that out there with no hard evidence.

I have darkened the door of Cycle Shack North many times over the last few months...The crowd of folks getting parts kept me from hanging/talking to Steve or Carl. I was glad to see they were rockin and rollin!

I was in their service department having some updated passenger grab handles put on my wife's Goldwing about 2 weeks ago. I briefly spoke with the salesman who sold us the bike. He told me it has been absolutely nuts as far as sales go. He said, he has never seen anything like it since he's been there.
Between increased bike sales and the slow down in production due to the COVID-19, I can see inventories dropping. . .

Was there last Saturday getting 600 mile service done on my 2021 CRF1100. They were very busy. Sold 2 new bikes before I left at 10:30. Will definitely go there for all my service needs.

Reactions: Hmm
Pretty irresponsible of you to throw a rumor like that out there with no hard evidence.
"I think" = an opinion, not an industry rumor, JMO. :)

After several decades I started riding again on 5/13/20 and on the way home, I bought a cheap helmet at Cycle Shack North. It was late afternoon and they were moving display toys from the parking lot into the already jammed showroom. I've tried to make them my local shop (120mi r/t) harder than they've tried to keep my business. I was last there on 7/15/21 when I learned they've tripled the tire mount/balance fee to 60 bucks and the showroom was @20% full of bikes and nothing out front to be moved indoors.

After several decades I started riding again on 5/13/20 and on the way home, I bought a cheap helmet at Cycle Shack North. It was late afternoon and they were moving display toys from the parking lot into the already jammed showroom. I've tried to make them my local shop (120mi r/t) harder than they've tried to keep my business. I was last there on 7/15/21 when I learned they've tripled the tire mount/balance fee to 60 bucks and the showroom was @20% full of bikes and nothing out front to be moved indoors.
I agree on the tire price change stinking, but that is probably more in line with other shops unfortunately. They still beat the stuffing out of most shops around here. Sadly that's not saying much. Never understood why m/c shops have such a "I don't care attitude" nor can keep people. The Shack has done a fair job keeping people but last time in I only recognized 1 salesman(person). Parts pretty much the same but only couple of those guys really know their stuff. Tim H was the best but I understand they moved him to service because he is good and can keep their parts orders straight. And most of the time Carl is in the back, I'll see how this works out long term.

^^^ Agreed. Only thing I can add now is yesterday I ordered the Marc Parnes 62mm adapter to balance my rear wheel and won't need a new tire until Sept. at the earliest.

It
Motorcycle business is RED HOT in Utah ( not sure about the Great State of Texas.) Many of the local shops have very low inventory due to all the consumer purchases being made.

I also watch motorcycle auctions 2 or 3 times per week for a friend that owns 4 larger motorcycle dealerships. The auction pricing is really ridiculous ( HIGH) for the used bikes going through the auction. Many of the bikes are bringing the same price as my friend would try to sell the bike for at his dealerships.
It's red hot here also, so **** hot Harley is trying to steal $700 on every purchase THEFT $699, whether it be new or used. Take it or leave it, no opt out. Sounds like a back room deal with JOE CHiden. Have to give em credit for formatting the form correctly and calling it what it really is: THEFT

Back