• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cylinder Boring Recomendations

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Anyone know of a business or person in the Waco area that does Cylinder boring for motorcycles. I'm looking for someone that can do cylinders that are Honda V-twin type, but off the bike they are pretty much similar to a single cylinder bike. I could drop them in Austin, DFW, or Temple as well but obviously a little less drive to keep it local in Waco.

Thanks anyone that pipes up!

Do you need it to be re-coated in whatever fancy coating came on it from the factory? Don't most of them have something like Nikasil or something similar?

My apologies if this is a dumb question, the last time I was really messing with cylinder boring and whatnot I was looking into getting them sleeved so that coating thing wasn't really a problem.

Honda's of the 80's really didn't do cylinder coating so probably not necessary. It's not race bike overall.

Back