• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dads and motorcycles

I got my MC license in spring of 1961, I was 12. Rode a Sears Moped and a Cushman scooter for about a year. Didn't start riding again til I was 23. Both my boys rode with me occasionally on trail ride before they had their own bikes at about 4 and 6 years old.View attachment 280168
My wife in the middle, Justin and me Flying P Motorcycle ranch Weatherford
View attachment 280169

My riding partner Red River +- 1983 side stand for my XR500R
View attachment 280170

My riding partner. Crooked Creek on Spiritatbay 's XRL 650. 2016?View attachment 280171

Sometimes they need a little help Red River QA50
View attachment 280172

View attachment 280173

View attachment 280174

Dad showing Kids at top how it is done. Flying P.
View attachment 280175

Kids showing dad how it's really done. Red River 1986.
View attachment 280176

Both sons and Grandson Crooked Creek

View attachment 280177

Jake likes to ride with me
View attachment 280178

View attachment 280179

View attachment 280180

The boys on the Clayton / K TrailView attachment 280181

On 1500 mile loop in SE Texas prior to the Possum Trot rally.View attachment 280182

Prepping the bikes for the Possum Trot with supervision.View attachment 280183

Rich Mountain Rendezvous
View attachment 280184

Continental Divide Ride with Justin and Jake

View attachment 280185

We're somewhere in Northern California, Oregon or Washington State. That's why we're looking at the map

View attachment 280186

Red River

View attachment 280187

New Mexico both sons, granddaughter Sarah and my wife en route to Custer National Park, S Dakota. Wife and I were in a cage this trip.
View attachment 280188

Until Justin talked her into a trip through the park with him.

View attachment 280189

Sorry for all the pics, but you did ask.
This may be the most awesome post I have ever seen TWT. You and your family are wonderful people. I feel both honored and envious to have met and ridden with you and the boys.

Very nice. He's running about my speed :)

What size wheels are on those front two bikes?

17/14 on the KTM. His buddy is on a TTR110, guessing 14/12 maybe, not real sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad, and I got bikes first, then we got bikes for Mom and my sister then my little brother, we all rode offroad for years as a family. I started racing my brother found music and left bikes, sister found boys more interesting, Mom and Dad got busy with his business I am the only one that kept riding

But some great memories with all of us on family trail rides

Dad and I made some rode trips together as I got older and into street bikes, but a neck injury kept him from enjoying much time on a bike, our last street ride was up in the Ozarks for a long week of riding and camping.

Dad was a misionary and this old scooter was out familly transportation till he got a 58 bsa bantum, then a honda 175 GL twin. At that point i was 9 and the bsa became steed at 11 my youngest sister was born and my brother moved kber the the back of the BSA behind me. Dad and his three girls rode the honda. At 13 i crashed this piagio scooter on a motorcross track.
The motor is on one side and the other side is a luggage compartment.
When riding you just naturally lean a little to counter ballance that motor.
In the air, well, you cant counter that weight and the old scooter got kind of bent up. By that time i had been racing a yamaha 125 so i thought i knew what i was doing. Lol.
I sure miss my dad and his calm quiet nature.
20200915_194819_IMG_6471.PNG

....... At 13 i crashed this piagio scooter on a motorcross track.
The motor is on one side and the other side is a luggage compartment.
When riding you just naturally lean a little to counter ballance that motor.
In the air, well, you cant counter that weight and the old scooter got kind of bent up. By that time i had been racing a yamaha 125 so i thought i knew what i was doing. Lol.
I sure miss my dad and his calm quiet nature.
That's hilarious! Got any pictures of you on the track with it?:cool2:

I know what you mean about your dad. My parents have been gone for decades now and I still miss them.

That's hilarious! Got any pictures of you on the track with it?:cool2:

I know what you mean about your dad. My parents have been gone for decades now and I still miss them.
No i was not supposed to have it on the track so of course thats when i crashed it lol. Be sure your sins will find you out.

My kids have been riding dirt bikes just on a casual basis since they could balance a bike. They never really raced or anything like that. Once they got into middle and high school, they pretty much quit riding as they were both very good athletes and were into all of that. Now they are grown and both are into riding and racing dirt bikes, and they let me come along.

I lost my dad a couple years ago, and never really spent any time with him once I was grown. So, the time me and my grown kids spend together at the races is priceless to me. Looking forward to Fluvanna in a few weeks as it is the first race of the year.

Here is a picture from the last Sandwinders race down in Smithville.

1610049447895.png

My dad is the reason I ride a motorcycle. He encouraged me to take the rider safety course at the ripe old age of 15 and I have been riding since. Some of my fondest memories was taking road trips with him. I wish we could do it again. Here are a few pics

dads_trip1-M.jpg

My dad is in left corner next to his goldwing.

dads_trip-M.jpg

Honda_550-M.jpg

He loved this bike.

Suzuki_GT750-M.jpg

He had a love hate relationship with this machine.. when it was running it was great!

dads_BMW-M.jpg

The bike that sparked my interest.

I got my MC license in spring of 1961, I was 12. Rode a Sears Moped and a Cushman scooter for about a year. Didn't start riding again til I was 23. Both my boys rode with me occasionally on trail ride before they had their own bikes at about 4 and 6 years old.View attachment 280168
My wife in the middle, Justin and me Flying P Motorcycle ranch Weatherford
View attachment 280169

My riding partner Red River +- 1983 side stand for my XR500R
View attachment 280170

My riding partner. Crooked Creek on Spiritatbay 's XRL 650. 2016?View attachment 280171

Sometimes they need a little help Red River QA50
View attachment 280172

View attachment 280173

View attachment 280174

Dad showing Kids at top how it is done. Flying P.
View attachment 280175

Kids showing dad how it's really done. Red River 1986.
View attachment 280176

Both sons and Grandson Crooked Creek

View attachment 280177

Jake likes to ride with me
View attachment 280178

View attachment 280179

View attachment 280180

The boys on the Clayton / K TrailView attachment 280181

On 1500 mile loop in SE Texas prior to the Possum Trot rally.View attachment 280182

Prepping the bikes for the Possum Trot with supervision.View attachment 280183

Rich Mountain Rendezvous
View attachment 280184

Continental Divide Ride with Justin and Jake

View attachment 280185

We're somewhere in Northern California, Oregon or Washington State. That's why we're looking at the map

View attachment 280186

Red River

View attachment 280187

New Mexico both sons, granddaughter Sarah and my wife en route to Custer National Park, S Dakota. Wife and I were in a cage this trip.
View attachment 280188

Until Justin talked her into a trip through the park with him.

View attachment 280189

Sorry for all the pics, but you did ask.
Great people All Dang GOOD Riders

Back