• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dakar? Anyone paying attention to it this year?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
So...

IF you are watching at all, where are you getting updates?

[edit - I will post highlight vids here as I find them]

Last edited:
Yeah - enquiring minds want to know. Is good coverage streamable on-demand anywhere?

Instagram and cycle news. Not looking good for Andrew short

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm getting precious little from the Dakar facebook site. I don't have a lot of time/energy to go looking for stuff though.

☝What he said... looks like the trucks got moved to the after thought category with the quads. Side by sides are getting more coverage time.

Ricky Brabec is going strong and staying in front of the orange mafia. Poor Andrew Short lost his brakes and went over the bars destroying the nav tower on a marathon stage. Incurred a time penalty to fix it. His statement was he’s “running out of helmets”.

I just want to watch the highlights. I am not worried about live timing.

In recent years, it seems like the highlights that actually show riding/driving are shrinking relative to all the chit chat in the pits and special focus stuff :shrug:

I don't need to hear what they are saying, I want to hear, "BRAAPPPP!!" :-P

YouTube....RedBull and other folks have daily recaps up. Great info and videos. The American kid is doing very well and as of yesterday Honda was holding 4 or 5 of the top 10 spots. They need to release a CRF 450 rally while it's hot!!!!

Daily updates on NBC Sports network. 5:00PM on channel 159 on DISH network. 30 minute program. Oops. I had the wrong channel number. Edited to correct it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip.. it is channel 159 on my dish network.. don’t know if they are all the same. Just set a timer for it.

My biggest take-away from Week 1 was how impressive the Can-Am side-by-sides are, especially considering how close to stock most of those are being run.

The fact that you can buy a turn-key desert racer for less than $30,000 is absolutely insane!

Andrew Short gave his rear tire to Toby Price, then rode the dunes on his rim. (Awesome skills) I didn’t realize team husky is the step kid of team ktm.

Back