• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Dallas Motorcycle Show

We stayed about 2 hours. Ok show but seems to get smaller every year. If it weren't for all the custom bikes it would have been really small. For that matter it seemed more like a custom bike show than a new bike show. There were some interesting customs though, I especially liked the Kubota diesel powered one with the hydrostatic drive system.

Didn't see that much that really impressed me. Everything has this origami type styling - unless you're looking at cruisers which I'm not. Must have been good attendance - the big lot west of Griffin was already full when I got there at 11:00. I was really wanting to see the KTM 1190 but no KTM at the show. The thing I enjoyed seeing the most - the three RZ350 Yamahas in the parking lot!! I guess the only reason I go is cause if attendance falls off enough there won't BE a show here so everyone keep going! Still not a bad way to spend a few hours.

Craig

I went yesterday. A couple hours was good for me as well. Sat on/climbed onto a lot of bikes, which was fun. Watched some stunaz, had a $6 beer, and tried on a couple Shoei's that I won't be able to afford in the near future. It was worth the $8. The show did seem a tad small though.

I really liked the Ninja 1000 that was set up for touring, and some of the HD models that were on display.

Really it was nothing I couldn't have seen just going to different dealers, but it's cool to see it all under one roof, and talk with other riders.

Biggest thing for me was trying on the new RF1200 and talking to the Shoei guy about the development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I talked to several vendors and they all felt like attendance was better this year than the last few years. I agree, for the time I was there. A Honda rep and a Ducati rep both felt like there were more potential buyers as opposed to "just looking" than in years past. I really enjoyed the CB500 with saddle bags and tail trunk. Slot car races also brought back memories.

Hadn't been inside the show in several years, I'm glad I went.

I sat on all the adventure bikes and figured out that the best upgrade for my 2009 Versys is...the 2014 Versys. They fixed all my gripes about it. Everything else except the V-Strom 650 Adventure was either too tall, too heavy, too expensive, uncomfortable, or some combination of those.

I also hit up the Shoei booth and found out that the 2XL Neotec and GT Air both fit my thick skull, which was handy to learn. They changed the sizing between the RF-1000 and RF-1100, so I wanted to try them out to be sure.

My fingers are crossed that I win a Tiger Explorer XC or Hayabusa. I don't know that I'd buy either of those, but I'd ride the heck out of a free one!

good turn out of TWT folks.
is it just me or were most of the custom bikes the same bikes they have there every year??

the Bolt street and dirt trackers were sweet! and the monster mega big bore Bonneville dirt tracker looked like a wild ride.

I was hoping to find more vendors, my electric glove liners vaporized and I was hoping to get another set but the seller was not there and no one had them.

also discovered there is a dual sport option for us short legged folks without having the shave seats or buy expensive parts, the DR650 comes with a quick change lowering system!

On the whole the vendors area was a disappointment. Not much there at all and half of it had little to do with motorcycles.

the biggest thing I learned is I need approx. 3 - 4 little bikes or atv's so my grandmas can race each other. Man those things are cute! My grandkids too. Anyone have any for sale? Bikes or atv's I mean :trust:

Last edited:
On the whole the vendors area was a disappointment. Not much there at all and half of it had little to do with motorcycles.

What, you didn't go there to buy pillows????;-)

I agree with most of the vendors being cheap, as in quality, not price. Vance leathers. Give me a break. Actually, give me Vanson.

I stuck mainly to the OEM stuff and Moto Liberty's booth.

The Yamaha section had the FZ09 on display. I sat on it.

FZ/MT-09.... Cool bike

...& I'll bet it would be after tomorrow without any wind protection.

I did get a sit on it too.... Didn't feel too bad even with me on it! Good riding position for my 6'2" 32" legs. I'm waiting for a TDM version or sumthin similar though.

FZ/MT-09.... Cool bike

...& I'll bet it would be after tomorrow without any wind protection.

I did get a sit on it too.... Didn't feel too bad even with me on it! Good riding position for my 6'2" 32" legs. I'm waiting for a TDM version or sumthin similar though.

I sat on it too and it wasn't bad. I would definitely need to add a bikini shield or something to it. Their 1300 bagger was nice but dang if it ain't a heavy beast. For the money, tech, weight, and ride, I'd be choosing the F6B. Honda did good with that model.

As much as i like the show i stopped going when they stopped coming to 4th largest city in the US.

Back