• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DART 2020 Norman, Oklahoma followup

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Had great time! Had a pretty good crowd of riders. Will be doing the advanced level 3 and 4 soon fer sure! We did mostly track stuff first day, lotsa slow riding around cones. Steep hills recovery. Second day was at SunDog Trails, which is just allot of trails along a river bank but good terrain. Deep ruts, river bank crossings and such. Had a good time. Only ate it once.

Attachments

• PhotoOct05AMmod1.jpg
    PhotoOct05AMmod1.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 180
I did Levels 1-4 this June and it was a great class! I'll have to go back and do Level 3 & 4 again sometime simply because there's no rocks and deep sand near Houston to practice on like there is is up there.

I did Levels 1-4 this June and it was a great class! I'll have to go back and do Level 3 & 4 again sometime simply because there's no rocks and deep sand near Houston to practice on like there is is up there.

IF you want some sand, there are some roads in the Lovelady area that can get pretty nasty in the summer when it dries out! I have a route out that direction that I call the Sand Blaster Route. Sadly, some of the roads are being graveled by the county though, so who knows how long it will last!? :doh:

If you are looking for sand in the Houston area, goto Xtreme Off Road Park and Beach, its in Crosby. I went and it was wide open beaches with deep sand, just like in the pictures running along the shore of the San Jacinto River. I went into sand so deep the bike just stopped and stayed upright. It was when I first got the bike and it had those 80/20 street tires, thats it in my avatar pic. The bike has been heavily tricked out since then so I couldn't make it through at all with the factory tires. They charge $20 bucks and nothing you see is off limits, its wide open terrain in all directions, and thats what I was really looking for, nothing in the way of big sand areas so you can just go wide open without worrying about about hitting something.

Thanks, that's sounds very similar to where DART had their sand class along the Canadian river. No need to use the kickstand, just bury the rear tire a few inches!

Back