• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Davy Crockett NF map

brg

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could order a quality map that shows all roads in the Davy Crockett nat'l forest? I'm only finding snippets online and I don't mind paying for a good paper map.

Contact Mountain Sports in Arlington. They stock maps - among others, they have Trails Illustrated maps and official USGS topo maps. They might have something useful.

Contact Mountain Sports in Arlington. They stock maps - among others, they have Trails Illustrated maps and official USGS topo maps. They might have something useful.

Thank you tshelfer

Did you try the Houston and Trinity county websites, might have local maps on them or links.

There is numerous excellent roads in the area, some very entertaining, sand and/or mud come to mind! On this site in the dual sport section you can find some GPS links from several folks. @Tourmeister knows the area like the back of his hand.

Most of the forest roads are on the old mapsco map books , I haven’t looked at any new ones for several years now so not sure about new . I’ve got old trail maps of what was the open riding area in the 80s , pretty useless now since those trails wernt political correct and are all gone now .

Most of the forest roads are on the old mapsco map books , I haven’t looked at any new ones for several years now so not sure about new . I’ve got old trail maps of what was the open riding area in the 80s , pretty useless now since those trails wernt political correct and are all gone now .
There is still 50 miles of marked horse trails, maybe those are the old trails? Plus there is a MTB loop that I hear nothing about but seems to have light use.

Back