• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dead Bike Bummer!!

Hmm

Reaction score
So....with a projected high temp of 77 degrees and nice bright sunshine, I forked my trusty steed yesterday with plans of going to 390 west of Navasota. There are some pastures out there that turn bright blue in bluebonnet season and the flowers are so thick that you can smell the aroma. Threw my camera in the tankbag hoping to get some killer shots of Veronica VStrom with a blue background. Tanked up with petrol at a Wally World Murphy and proceeded to crank up and roll. Nothing, no cranking, nada. I check the kill switch, thinking I bumped it. It's on. Tried a few more times and gave up. Had to call Paul with Texas Motorcycle Rescue and get towed to the dealership. He has a nice rig that is a Ford heavy duty with a platform that extends down onto the ground. I rode with him to the bike shop and he also took me home after dropping the bike off since it was on his way. Bike shop found that the solenoid was bad and will change out the $65 part. Whew, relief. But this killed my day. Hopefully I can get out this weekend depending on when I can pickup the bike. I'm just lucky the solenoid failed 10 miles from home. If it had cratered out at Navasota, I might be missing an arm and a leg for towing fees.

Many thanks to Paul @ TMR. A really nice guy that works 24/7 and is there for you if you get in a pinch.
texasmotorcyclerescue.com/

That's a very cool tow rig. I've not seen that before.

Glad you got it sorted, seems like a nice little rescue unit there.

Back