• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

december 2013 pie run reports

Excellent slideshow Robin... :clap:

My weekend was great. Started out Saturday morning with the bike already packed, alarm set and all I needed to do was roll out of bed, gear up and head to Crockett for pie. Somehow the snooze got pushed and I wound up leaving a bit, uh..... later than anticipated. Yet I was only about 20min 'fashionably' late and there were others behind me.

Had a nice straight shot up to Crockett in the chilly weather to arrive and see lots of familiar friendly faces. The chill of the day quickly wore off with friendship, conversation, and heartfelt hugs. As usual, the company can't be beat nor can the food. A quick checkout ensued and a Jerry and I geared/gassed up then headed to Mission Tejas State Park to spend the night for one of Beemerless Bob's campouts.

Upon arrival, we located wonderful spots then Jerry said "I'm going to head out and grab a few courthouses - want to tag along"? Sure! I'm always game if all I have to do is follow the guy with the GPS routes.... So we headed over to Nacodoches for Nacodoches County, then over to Center for Shelby County. With daylight starting to fade, we booked it down to San Augustine for San Augustine County, and figured we'd catch Angelina County in Lufkin on the way home. By Lufkin, it was dark, but we were treated to the courthouse lit up in lights! We fueled the bikes there, grabbed a snack and headed back to the campsite.

Along the way, the sun had been down quite a bit and I was wishing I had grabbed my heated vest. Sure did get a bit chilly. And then coming across 103, Jerry pulls over and his headlights point down a VERY dark dirt road with his GPS saying "...this way". Um..... in the dark and not familiar with the area, we oped to take the 45mile "known" route back to camp. When we finally got back to camp about 8pm, we were welcomed by 13 other campers and a roaring fire. Some adult beverages were consumed, stories and lies shared, and friendships made and solidified.

Sunday morning was great in that swoody prepared a wonderful breakfast of fruit soft tacos. That's about all I can come up with for a description, and they were wonderful THANK YOU!

Thomas and I then geared up and took the direct route back to Austin with the impending front giving us a change of wind and temperature along the way. THIS time, I had the vest on. :rofl:

Got home about 3pm this afternoon and 627 miles on the clock.

Here's the four courthouse shots Jerry and I were able to grab for our project....

Nacodoches County
Nacodoches-L.jpg

Smith County (the old courthouse)
Shelby_old-L.jpg

San Augustine County
StAugustine-L.jpg

Angelina County
Angelina-L.jpg

Great slide show--thanks!

Was I the only Harley rider there? And what happened to my fender light lens thingy?

Jeez, you'd think they'd last longer than 100,000 miles. They just don't make 'em like they used to...

Hope everybody has a happy and safe year of riding in 2014!

we caged it up. had the wife 2 daughters and grandson. didn't really see any faces i knew. we left after we ate and went to pie in the sky in Conroe for a bigger selection of pies. Then to the woodlands mall for the wife and daughters to get some of the after Christmas sales.

Got Pie:

i-JNtQJcg-M.jpg

Got Camp:

i-SdV4jwQ-M.jpg

Got Courthouse:

i-HhHSCkZ-M.jpg

Special thanks to MotoTex for blazin' the trail. :flip:

Its all good!

great job, Robin.
and great job, Leon.

We saw a lot of bikes. We rolled through the square right at 12:00 but kept on going. We had a lunch date further North near Elkhart for a large family gathering.

Bill, I got to see Josh. I think the last time I saw him was at Lewis's funeral back in Aug of 1995. He is the spitting image of his Dad!!! Also got to meet "lead foot" Emily and the two boys. Good looking grand kids you have there! :thumb:

We saw a lot of bikes. We rolled through the square right at 12:00 but kept on going. We had a lunch date further North near Elkhart for a large family gathering.

Bill, I got to see Josh. I think the last time I saw him was at Lewis's funeral back in Aug of 1995. He is the spitting image of his Dad!!! Also got to meet "lead foot" Emily and the two boys. Good looking grand kids you have there! :thumb:

you couldn't depart a bit earlier and stop for a few minutes to say hi??
don't you love us anymore? :tears:

:lol2:

We thought about it, but I was up late and slept in till the last minute. And with a car load of kids, there is no such thing as a "quick" stop to say hi ;-)

Well... he looks a lot younger! He said you and the clan were at Guy's for the day. I'd forgotten you weren't at Katie's wedding with your mom and dad.
Josh is a VFR rider, but preparing to move to Destin area and not excited about the riding opportunities in that part of the world.

So for those of us not able to attend, is there a story to tell?
If so do tell. (or if it's already been told elsewhere, a link?)

That is picture of a kitten that was making his/her home in the storm drain right beside where we parked the bikes. There was more than one of them down there but that was the only one Robin could get to look up at us.

I was not able to make this event. Wasn't there spoze to be some special sign and the mayor declaring it TWT day?

Or am I confusing this with some other event?

Well it looks like she lied.
I couldn't find a banner any place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is picture of a kitten that was making his/her home in the storm drain right beside where we parked the bikes. There was more than one of them down there but that was the only one Robin could get to look up at us.
Thanks Buff', I thought maybe it was trapped down there, and that there might be a rescue story I missed.

Also, I meant to say earlier, excellent job Robin! :clap:

Back