• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

December 8Th Sissy Saddle Shop Meet-N-Greet-n-Eatin

This could work.
I have a small car( an Accent) that gets about the gas gas mileage as my bike.
Not a ton of room but works.

I am happy to drive too. I will be in my wife's Ford Edge. I would love to get me some coffee before hitting the road. I propose we meet at the Mc Donald's at 105 & 149 at 9:30 - 9:45. According to Google it is a little over an hour and a half from there to Sissy's. That should give us time for a potty break along the way and arrive before the requested 11:45.

Depending on who all shows we may need two cars. So as long as you and I are willing to drive we should be golden.

Im just stupid enough to try and ride tomorrow.........Though what seems like a good idea tonight as I sit in a warm house, in front of the fire with a pint of Erikgant ******* Ale may turn to an ugly reality tomorrow.... Time will tell

Got the day off (was scheduled to work) but now going car shopping with the wife. Would've been fun to see everyone.

Ya'll all kno... We're turnin into some really cagey characters here???

I see what you did there! ;) Good news is that since I am caging it my wife may grace us with her presence. ;)

I'm still in, but Deco is out. His truck has battery issues and he needs to fix it tomorrow.

ThomasM, at this point I'm planning on riding. I tested the heated gear and it still works. But I'll decide in the morning whether to ride or not. Fast route from my house is 1:15. Which means leaving at 10:30am at the latest. I'm heading to an office xmas party so I will check here and PM's when I get back.

Oh, and wife says she might come if I cage it, but I suspect that will change in the morning.

I'm still in, but Deco is out. His truck has battery issues and he needs to fix it tomorrow.

ThomasM, at this point I'm planning on riding. I tested the heated gear and it still works. But I'll decide in the morning whether to ride or not. Fast route from my house is 1:15. Which means leaving at 10:30am at the latest. I'm heading to an office xmas party so I will check here and PM's when I get back.

Oh, and wife says she might come if I cage it, but I suspect that will change in the morning.

Be careful riding if you don't cage it tomorrow.

I'll definitely be riding tomorrow also to try out all my new winter gear for the first time (and new helmet), but I will be riding down here where it's just cold. Not cold enough here for ice like you guys farther north are getting.

I'm planning on riding at this point too. Looks like it should be mostly dry overnight into the morning. Will make one last check before I head out, but currently plan to be at the same DQ as last time by 10:30 or a little earlier.

I'm planning on riding at this point too. Looks like it should be mostly dry overnight into the morning. Will make one last check before I head out, but currently plan to be at the same DQ as last time by 10:30 or a little earlier.

I did the LDdave thingey yesterday and it was refreshing, except my fingertips. Make sure and wear your Gucci windbreaker, and you'll stay nice and warm.

:rider:

There is suppose to be fog sometime this morning due to the increasing temperatures according to weather.com.

RB

Sorry for the flip flop but I have to back out AGAIN.
Work just can't live without me.

Well that sucks! Could you still meet for breakfast?

The good news is I have people that can take your spot so Sissy's is still right.

Last edited:
hate to wuss out but...:giveup:

tell SISSY "i'll take an ICE CHECK":eat:

looks like the only chicken i get, today, will be in soup:eek2:

i wish all a safe trip & a full belly

sw

Well, we got light mist overnight in Austin and my deck and car are covered again, but not as thick. But there are a couple of hours before it will be time to leave so Thomas and I are going to figure out a plan of attack after a bit.

Thin layer of ice and 31 here but the weather folks say it's supposed to warm up as the day goes. Maybe even see the sun for a little later on. Hope they're right.

Thin layer of ice and 31 here but the weather folks say it's supposed to warm up as the day goes. Maybe even see the sun for a little later on. Hope they're right.

+1, bringing Sweetwife in the Suby......:sun:
She won't ride today....:zen:

28 degrees with a steady mist here in the Waco area right now. Radar Scope android app (THANX ZEPHYR!) shows a broad swath of the light precip spreading to the east & covering the whole area around Sissy's & northward. To the south toward Hempstead ,it's more rainy. I was out for coffee earlier & the roads were ok.... but with slick spots here & there.... so watch for em. Travellin....even in a cage ...might still be dicey....on the icey.

Here in Georgetown we have the mist as well and a29 degrees. I was hoping for mid 30's before getting on the road with the bike. Will have to wait and see. Good thing I'm only 65 miles away but will need to allow some time to stop and thaw out mid trip.

Thanks for the weather update. I don't mind cold, but icy undivided county roads are a different thing in terms of risk. I'll decide the next hour or so if I take the car.

RB

Last edited:
Weather looking like crud..... Bike ride is out... I'm a bit reckless... but Stupid Im not.

Will see if the wifey wants to join me... and decide if it's a shelby day or taking the truck.

Im working today and we are having major crashes(right now) on the overpasses inside the Temple City limits. One is a rollover. Please be careful. Its suppose to warm later but right now it is freezing on the overpasses and the elevated roadways her in Temple.

Not chancing the ice on two wheels either. Will be with a cage crew.

Back