• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

December Dirt Days...The Aftermath

Reaction score
First Name
Georgia
Last Name
Rennick
I guess I will start the thread since we are already home (Sunday). First, thanks to Matt (STRider) for organizing this event. The weather turned out to be perfect, I don't know about all you electric start guys, but a few minutes of kicking and I was all warm and toasty in no time.

I had my camera in my pocket for Squeaky's maiden voyage on Matt's Honda 250, but forgot it was there so there is no documentation on her two spills, so they never happened. Also, they (THE MEN) tried to get us to ride down into a HUGE crevasse then endeavor to climb back out, I was having none of it, so we turned around.

Here are the three pictures I took.

After we met up, Sqeaky gets her introduction to the 250, here is Ken (Texas DR) and Matt (StRider) with her:

KenSqueakmatt.jpg

I understand these XR250's come with a complete Webster's edition on the proper way to kick start them, here is Matt giving Squeaky the abridged version, with my son Alex pretending to pay attention.

squeakalexmatt.jpg

Now we have Squeaky as she is ready to go where no woman has gone before and leap tall buildings with a single bound, ahhh that's right she did catch some 'air' this day, he, he. (Sorry, I wasn't there camera ready) Next to her is Jeff (I believe), as my husband Mark stands in the foreground. He's sporting the all-knowing grin of one experienced in these matters.

markjeffsqueak.jpg

It was a fun day, I hope we can do it again. The next time we go to outlaw, I will post up so Squeak, Deb and maybe Beth can get some seat time on the 100. Here I am from Thanksgiving weekend at Outlaw on the mighty CRF 100:
meand100.jpg

More...more....I am enjoying the pic's. So when is everyone going back? I should be ready as soon as my $3 part comes in.

I gotta come see that flying pig go. :) I liked outlaw the couple times I rode t here. The Crevasse is a blast. It looks "more worserer" than it really is its fun to follow someone that knows where they are going in there though. I followed someone in and we rode thru at a brisk pace and were headed for a way out that I would never have headed for on my own. It looked like a cliff, but I followed the guy right out and it was a blast.

Sorry I missed this one, but my leg just isnt quite ready to go bouncing around on footpegs and off of trees again yet.
I hope to make it again.

Vaughn

Had a blast, big thanks to everyone for organizing this event. Our group rode 50 miles on Sat in 4 outings (almost like an enduro). I believe we rode majority of the trails, tight sections + creeks, beautiful place. Would luv to do it again.

A good time was had by all.... My front yard is 1 inch higher now from all the mud that was caked on the bikes, how needs fill dirt just go ride at Outlaw and clean your bike in the low spot.

Great group of folks, thanks for all the fun.

Hey Mark, welcome to the site!!

Great rides, great weather, great folks!! Thanks everybody!!

Highlights:

Georgia is not a woman to be trifled with when it comes to getting firewood.

Alex (Georgia's) on his CRF was really good. Every time I looked back on that loop he was right behind me.

Alex (Mopower) is insanely good. I hardly rode with him, but the little loop we did to Camelback & Double Dip reminded me of that.

Kyle (Minibee) is hilarious - "I see pretty colors"

Hugh (VFRhugh) is missing the part of his brain that remembers he's not 17. Or he got several extra helpings of the motorcycle part.

Ken (Plane DR) was cool on his XR250. Save for a very mysterious and awesome 180, he just cruises the trails & never looks like he's even trying hard.

V2 Roger was, well, Roger. He's just a cool guy. We had a time fighting the big bikes in 3 Mile Creek, but as always, he just takes it in stride. His 426 is SWEET. Good thing for the Bark Busters. Mason is a cool "kid" too. He must not have been comfortable on the 4 wheeler - he kept riding it on 2!!

Faisal (letsride) was in on Hugh's high-speed loop, too. He rode really well too.

Jeff (Pokey Mon) rails that quad faster than a lot of us on proper motorcycles. And he's obsessed with the fire. At the end of the day today, he, errr, "adjusted" Ken's KX. I'll let one of them tell the story.

Squeaky could have her own highlight real. She did great. Especially to get back on & keep going after a fairly dramatic looking get-off. & Thanks for the coffee.

Snoopster came in for the afternoon & snuck in a ride on Georgia's CRF and the monster quads.

Tim was kind enough to let us know that he slept great, and had to get up in the middle of the night to turn off the heat. His DRZ is about as tricked out as one can get. I'm jealous.

Rusty (Woodbutcher, (hey, do you know Georgia?)) came down with John (Irondog). Great seeing you guys, thanks for making the trip!!

Tourmeister and Blue Bomber (and TM Dad & Mom), thanks for dinner!!

Hemibee and woodsguy were great hosts!! Thanks for everything guys, and the sausage was exactly what I needed this morning.

A couple folks got some pics that should be up soon. Thanks everybody!!

Last edited:
Well I thought this would be a good ride and I was more than right. It was fantastic.:rider: This place has everything for all types of offroad bikes. The trails where great but I loved that fence line [ not a typical boring fence line]. Top speed on my GPS..53mph. Gave me a chance to really ring out my new DRZ.:trust:

Thanks Matt for organizing a great ride. Thanks to Hemibee, Mopower, and Pops for treating us.

CeeBee aka Chuck, good riding with you on Saturday. In 3 short runs we actually tracked 33 miles.

Dinner was soooo good, thanks Scott and Beth.:eat:

Squeaky might be a sandbagger.:mrgreen: She seemed too at home for someone whose only rode a dirt bike up and down the street.:trust:

STrider said:
...and the sausage was exactly what I needed this morning.

Would it have killed you guys to wake me up for breakfast? :eat:

I'm hurting. Bruised, battered, and beaten. Most of the pain is muscular and unrelated to any crashing/sliding/slopping/falling/mashing I may have done. A full day of riding dirt wore me out.

I'll blab more about the weekend when I get the pics ready.

I'm working on the video from the camcorder. Should have it ready shortly or at least by tomorrow.

Matt we did get a video of someone trying to climb up out of The Double Dip. Seems like our videographer forgot to turn it off before climbing out.

Glad everyone had a great time and as best I can tell there were no REAL injuries!
Could you have asked for better dirt. Mother nature had it watered just right!

Also BIG THANKS to Scott and Beth for the meal, awesome!

Look forward to next time.

Hemibee said:
Matt we did get a video of someone trying to climb up out of The Double Dip. Seems like our videographer forgot to turn it off before climbing out.

:doh: Uh oh... I must have hit the button while I was trying to climb up the muddy hill while everyone was off talking about where to go next instead of lending me a hand climbing out! ;-)

woodsguy said:
Glad everyone had a great time and as best I can tell there were no REAL injuries!

Do bruising, whiplash, sore muscles, and massive headaches from a knock on the head count? :giveup:
20061202outlawtrax017mo2.jpg

Last edited:
Squeaky said:
Do bruising, whiplash, sore muscles, and massive headaches from a knock on the head count? :giveup:

In my experience one person usually gets dinged up on every trip. We all appreciate you being the volunteer for this weekend :rofl:

I've got some pictures that I need to pull off the camera still. I'll get them down tomorrow. We made it back to Austin just fine. I'm only a little sore. 39.5 miles on my odometer. It was cold out today hosing the mud off. Had a great time and look forward to the next get together.

Squeaky said:
:doh: Uh oh... I must have hit the button while I was trying to climb up the muddy hill while everyone was off talking about where to go next instead of lending me a hand climbing out! ;-)

20061202outlawtrax017mo2.jpg

Maybe a little, pretty picture!:-P Hope it doen't hurt as bad as it looks!

WoodButcher said:
In my experience one person usually gets dinged up on every trip. We all appreciate you being the volunteer for this weekend :rofl:

Ok, so I took one for the team this time, but next time y'all have to pick someone else! :shame:

woodsguy said:
Maybe a little, pretty picture!:-P Hope it doen't hurt as bad as it looks!

Actually, the knee hurts more than any of the darker bruises, but it's barely a mark.

20061202outlawtrax022sxr9.jpg

Last edited:
That was fun! Outlaw Trax has to be one of the best places in this area to ride, very unique in that it offers up a little of everything. Good to see all those I know and a pleasure to meet those of you I didn't. Thanks for letting me tag along.

Ok, so you got a preview of the carnage. Here's the rest of my pics:

GeorgiaPeach and SonOfGeorgiaPeach enjoying their morning cocoa.
20061202outlawtrax005sft1.jpg

My steed for the weekend thanks to Mrs STrider, who wasn't able to join us. Honda XR250R. Tall enough that I don't feel like my knees are up by my chin like some of the smaller bikes, but not too much power for a newbie.
20061202outlawtrax006syp3.jpg

Max came along, of course.

20061202outlawtrax004slv4.jpg

He didn't come out on the trails with me because he didn't want to get dirty. Good thing he stayed back - I went rear end-first into a mud puddle with at least three people behind me to witness the entertainment...

...and then to clear the flooded motor and get it started again :giveup:

Hanging out and having a good time.
20061202outlawtrax007sxq4.jpg

We'd form up groups haphazardly and head out to nowhere. I was so confused, I stopped trying to figure out where I was or where I was going and instead just followed the person in front of me.

Thing is, I was unaware of the possibility that the person in front of me might pick a difficult section or path at a split that I should avoid....

...and so it was that I went up onto the "dirt hiccup" :lol2: in the middle of the field, I rolled over the first bump and caught air on the second. As I defeated gravity, I knew in my head that "this can't be good". I never thought to ask about body position during a jump (I had no plans to try to jump anything), so I stayed put over the tank and came down on the front tire. STrider might be able to fill y'all in more, but all I know is I landed on the ground on my right, knee first, then shoulder, then head. Ouch.

I quickly wiggled all my fingers and toes and knew I was Ok, but it hurt. Irondawg came and stood over me and asked what hurt.

My knee
Which one? [I tapped my right leg with my hand] On the inside or the outside?
huh? inside meaning bones and outside meaning skin or inside/outside like the sides of my leg?
Move your leg [I dragged it across the grass side-to-side] Ok, just lay there a minute and catch your breath.

I got up, walked around on it, and decided I was Ok. In my nearly three years and 45k miles of riding, I had yet 'till this day landed on the ground. Apparently I'd stored up crashes somewhere and cashed them all in since I'd found lots of softer places to land than pavement.

Seven times.

Yup. On at least seven occasions (heck, I might even be forgetting some?) my body became one with Mother Earth. Some wet, some dry, some sand, some mud, in the woods, in the field - I really wasn't picky about where I'd crash.

When Vern brought the quads out, Snoopster and I went for a few laps, and traded off driver/passenger. She may never be able to take me on the back of her bike, but after the way she handles that huge machine today I can say she's braver than I am!

As darkness fell, we settled in for dinner that Blue Bomber and Mini Mom brought over from Huntsville. :eat:
20061202outlawtrax011ssn2.jpg

They brought over brisket, potato salad, beans, and all the fixins. Beth even baked us a cake and some brownies! :clap:
20061202outlawtrax012siq5.jpg

Thanks to GeoriaPeach's laborous effort, we had a fire going and the chairs just magically appeared from the darkness.
20061202outlawtrax014spu6.jpg

L-R: STrider, Woodsguy, Pokey Mon, Justin, Triumph (the dog), Irondawg (the other dawg), [?], Tourmeister

20061202outlawtrax016sxg6.jpg

L-R: Lois (MotherOfTourmeister), Vern (FatherOfTourmeister), Blue Bomber, Snoopster, [?], Mopower

Last edited:
:tab Seeing as how I am usually the guy "taking one for the team," I appreciate your efforts in that regard Squeaky :thumb: I had a blast. I think I might have scared Snoopster a wee bit on the ATV, hehe. Matt's litte XR250 is a hoot! Lite weight and not intimidating. It could use a steering damper though... the front end is pretty wiggly. Thanks to Ken for letting me cruise around on his 250! That was fun!! It is a bit loud though, and it kinda brings out the squid in me :wary:

:tab I can't wait for the next time. I only wish I could have gotten out there earlier to see more folks before they started taking off :doh:

I forgot to mention... I NEED a dirt bike :twisted:

Members will not cut any pine trees for any reason

Hey Matt, didn't you know that cutting down pine trees is stricktly prohibited and yet in the middle of your ride you decide to take out one of those poor defenseless sapplings...

Man you weren't kidding about it being a clean cut. I stopped at the road just before we got to the tree you took out.( I didn't know exactly were you had this "SPECTACULAR" tree chopping experience at the time) As I looked down the trail I couldn't quite place what was missing. Then it hit me, the tree you took out was the same one that I had always had a problem with tagging through that section!!! Thank you, you made my trip though that section alot easier.

Mopower said:
Hey Matt, didn't you know that cutting down pine trees is stricktly prohibited and yet in the middle of your ride you decide to take out one of those poor defenseless sapplings...

After everyone else had left and there was only MSRA-Outlaw members riding, we did notice that another group had sneaked in and were near the site of this bruttle murder. I did my best to sneak up on them and I was able to obtain this video footage and you will notice that a rock also caught their attention.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3804292806352675937&q=earth+first&hl=en

First of my videos from Sunday.

This is Woodsguy's grandson checking out Kyles KTM 50 Sr. Adventure. Seems we forgot to tell him where the brakes were, thankfully he was able to stop it without any problem.

th_MOV01963.jpg
"]
th_MOV01963.jpg
[/URL]

Squeaky said:
20061202outlawtrax014spu6.jpg

L-R: STrider, Woodsguy, Pokey Mon, Justin, Triumph (the dog), Irondawg (the other dawg), [?], Tourmeister

Isn't that Thumper between STrider and Pokey Mon?

Mopower said:
As I looked down the trail I couldn't quite place what was missing. Then it hit me, the tree you took out was the same one that I had always had a problem with tagging through that section!!! Thank you, you made my trip though that section alot easier.

Yeah, thanks Matt....... Make the fastest guy out there even faster.:giveup:

It was great meeting y'all, looking forward to next time when I can ride with some of you since I was the late guy both days & missed all the fun.

It would seem the trees are aware of the no woodcutting rule, as that one definitely extracted a penalty for being taken out.

Man, it was hard to get out of bed this morning.

Last edited:
Back