• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Delayed gratification, for at least 8 more hours

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
My wife is the founder and director of Lake Charles Pit Bull Rescue, which has been in operation for about 10 years. She has done a whole lot of good as she had saved and placed over 1000 dogs. I've been doing my part for the last 5 years.

So, I found a street bike in Houston I knew I would love and with time and sacrifice I convinced her to let me pick it up. I was going to get it this last Saturday...

My wife is a beast, by far the strongest person I have ever met, and she has 21k Facebook followers. Our rescue is the only way a dog labeled as a pit bull will come out of our Parrish's animal control. Another rescue in Washington state had space (sadly we stay a full capacity) so a transport was set up for 6 dogs and the money was raised to pay for it all.

It's 9pm on Friday night and I've got the trailer set up and hooked up for the bike when we get a call from the transport driver that his co-driver is sick and can't make the trip. So, I cinch my belt up and offer to help drive the 60 hours round trip from Lake Charles to Boise, Idaho. I call in a sick day for Monday and we head out at 8am on Saturday. The bike can wait one more week, I guess.

I'm bummed but it's cool. She would have been crushed if this fell through, so I'm happy to make it happen.

Anyway, she puts the word out what I'm doing and what I'm giving up, and one of our good rescue friends loads up my trailer and picks the bike up for me!

It's waiting for me at my house! I'm still 8 hours out, but it is there.

2002 ST1100

That’s awesome. You should fall right back in that ST saddle.

It is special when unselfish people act.
Forgive me, I'm all emotionally squishy lately.

That's cool ole buddy ! You need to ride this way some time .

What a cool story. You deserve that bike!

yay! great story! thanks for telling us about it.

ya, super cool bike! could be lots of fun for y'all to ride two up, too!

Welcome back. Get some sleep. Fall will be here soon so you can enjoy the bike (although that bike looks like it might come with A/C🤣)

Reactions: my6
This bike looks brand new. I'm extremely happy with her, fully stoked.

Looks like a lot of fun and glad it worked out. Guess it's a little late, but in the future if you need something brought over there from the Houston area, just give me as much of a "heads up" as you can.

Back