• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Delurking in College Station

glorybox

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Howdy all. I've been riding for 4 years, although I've only had bikes for 2 years of that. I'm on my second bike now, a Triumph Speed Four - first bike was a Yamaha V-Star Classic. I'm 5'1" and had to have the S4 lowered to ride comfortably, so if you see one around and think "gee that looks short" it's probably mine. :mrgreen:

I'm a native Californian but have been in Texas long enough that I'm about 1/3 Texan now, plus I married one - that helps, right? My husband had never ridden a motorcycle before he met me, but now we're fighting over who gets to ride mine. We've even taken trips where one of us rides the bike and the other follows in the car. (Yes, we're Dorks.) Eventually I'd like to get out on the track with the bike, but it'll take a while to acquire all the proper gear (being short can be a huge hassle).

s4.jpg

Casey

Welcome aboard! The ladies are about to take control here as of late! Always good to have more members in general and ladies in particular. You really need to get your husband a bike of his own. :mrgreen:

We have some vertically challenged people here who may be of assistance in locating gear.

Howdy Casey!

:tab Man the College Station people are really coming out of the woodwork lately! Welcome to the site! Why fight over the bike...? Get another so you can ride together ;-) Beth and I did lots and lots of miles together exploring and it was great fun!

:tab Nice bike by the way :mrgreen:

Adios,

Wow another BCS person :eek:

Where really getting things together over here Scott :mrgreen:

Welcome to the board... Keep an eye on the upcomming rides section of the board, there is quite a few people from BCS area and we try to get a group out and ride every once in a while. I dont think I have ever seen your bike around but there is a lot in town. I drive a 96 Bandit 600 ususally can be seen on campus around the engineering buildings.

Vee Dub Nut said:
Where really getting things together over here Scott :mrgreen:

Welcome to the board... Keep an eye on the upcomming rides section of the board, there is quite a few people from BCS area and we try to get a group out and ride every once in a while.

Just pick a Taco Cabana and set a date! :chug:

Welcome aboard! Nice bike... I really like the bug eye headlights of Triumph's nakeds.

SVinAustin said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Nooooooooo
Not the dreaded Taco Cabana thread again.

But if we don't keep it alive, we might run out of things to make fun of him for! :mrgreen:
Besides, he keeps bringing it on himself!

Txmedic and Tourmeister,
I keep telling my husband he needs his own bike. Up until recently he couldn't see why I preferred riding to driving, but I think he's finally starting to see the light. He's decided a used R6 is the way to go, so if someone scares themselves silly on theirs and is looking to part with it, just let us know! :-D We'll be at the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas and sitting on everything might be just the push he needs.

Vee Dub Nut,
I ride to work quite a bit, but since I'm way over on west campus you wouldn't see mine much. I recently started going to the Motorcycle Club meetings again at Sonic, though.

Pdef,
Thanks for the compliments. I love the bug-eyed look, but it definitely seems to be "love it or hate it." The dealer here had such a hard time selling the two they had that mine came with all sorts of goodies, like a caarbon can and Daytona Red paint. The other one was sold and then wrecked, and they haven't gotten any more in (they do have a black one on the lot, but I think it's an 02?).

Casey

I LOVE your rant on your website! :chug: Kind of an aggressive "Swervin' in My Lane." :mrgreen:

Good to see another Aggie noob.

ttyl,
Glen

P.S. - If we're Aggies AND noobs, which one causes the dumb-***? :help:

Hi Casey,

I was perusing your website and saw the Thunderbirds photos. I was running sound for the big stage out there on the day of the event, and the practice day I was there on my bike (flat black suzuki) running all over the field.

That was a fun event for me 8-)

Where do you work on west campus? I work at the Rudder Theatre complex and ride to work every day.

Glen,
Glad you enjoyed it. I encountered one too many stupid people that day. I'm trying to reign in my temper though - I'd hate to get to work and find out I'd flipped off my dean! I'm an Aggie, noob, AND blonde...I'm just screwed I guess.

Buck000,
Thanks! We do enjoy our rides. Can you tell why my husband hasn't been so interested in motorcycles? :mrgreen:

HiSPL,
I'm at the Business School in Wehner. I used to be at University Relations, though, right next to Rudder. Any chance you have an orangish-red Aprilia?

RedAggie03,
Saw your bike that night too. Went again last week hoping to get a better look - how hard was it to put the GSXR fairings on it? It looks awesome, and I LOVE that color!

Casey

Cool. My next door neighbor is Marietta Tretter! Small world huh!

That reddish 'Priller belongs to a guy I work with. He stuffed it at TWS and now has to make payments on a pile of italian parts in his garage. :lol: :lol: :lol: . He broke his foot and thumb in the incident too, but he's all healed up for the most part.

I park over behind Hart hall. My bike is an old Suzuki rat. Flat black and glorious. :-P ...... The last weekend of October I went to the Hill country on it. 771 miles on the GPS when I got back and no troubles whatsoever. I paid less for my bike than most people pay for tires. :rofl

IMG_0448.jpg

81 Suzuki GS750E. Pods, 4 into 1, stage 3 jets, accel coils/wires, lowered/resprung/revalved frontend, Ikon rear shocks (same as Koni), custom solo seat, handmade removable rack and saddlebag mounts.

About to get ultra-trick Cosworth forged pistons, drop in webcams, and semi flatslides. :twisted:

Back