• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Demo Rides?

Reaction score
I was looking around to see if any manufaturers were going to have a demo event in the near future. The only thing I found so far near/in DFW was at Lone Start Yamaha on Friday, August 24, 2018 - Saturday, August 25, 2018.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/yamahaevents/details/5b196c952a0ab8577829aba3

It might be a bit warm, but I will probably still go to that. If anyone find any other demo events, please post them here. Riding free bikes is almost like owing them for 10 minutes right?

Someone was nice enough to post about the last Yamaha event in Dallas at Maxim Yamaha in Allen (just north of Plano) and that was a lot of fun. Got to try 2 bikes before I went home because I had been really busy that morning.

There may have been some factory demos at ROT rally in ATX last weekend.
I know several manufacturers bring their demo truck to Galveston for Lone Star and they bring more than just their cruisers.

The International Motorcycle Show that comes to Dallas every year is also a great time to setup demo rides with multiple brands. And of course, not to forget MotoGP weekend :drool:

The International Motorcycle Show that comes to Dallas every year is also a great time to setup demo rides with multiple brands. And of course, not to forget MotoGP weekend :drool:

The last time the website said they had actual rides on the road anywhere but in California was something like 2010 I think. At least that's the last time Kawasaki, Yamaha, Vicorty, HD and some others did it that I'm aware of in the Dallas area. Not sure if they've done them in other cities at the motorcycle show or not.

The last time the website said they had actual rides on the road anywhere but in California was something like 2010 I think. At least that's the last time Kawasaki, Yamaha, Vicorty, HD and some others did it that I'm aware of in the Dallas area. Not sure if they've done them in other cities at the motorcycle show or not.

My bad, I thought they did in Dallas. Oops, thanks for the correction.

Don't get me wrong. I check the website every year. I really want them to bring it back. Because of that, I have gotten to try quite a few bikes, but its been 6 years or more now since I've seen the international bike show have them here. ****, the demo rides is what sold me on my current bike. I kind of want a new one too.

I just got this email about Dallas Honda having demo rides from 10-2 Saturday 8-18-18. I'd go but I'm working.

DALLAS HONDA - DEMO DAY!
August 18th - Dallas Honda 10AM - 2PM
9250 LBJ Freeway (Greenville at 635)

DEMO RIDES - HOT DOGS - DRINKS - FUN

Just called them, they said they have for demo:

Gold Wing Manual/DCT
Africa Twin Manual/DCT
NC700x Manual/DCT
Rebel 500
Valkyrie
maybe others

I'd be interested to ride the 2018 Africa Twin DCT just to see if it feels different than my 2016 DCT with all the changes they made to it.

Three new 'wings. (Astounding.)
CTX1300. (Hot rod.)
NC700x manual. (Grunty!)

There was a DCT AT, but I unfortunately had to bail before I got a turn.

(BTW, free Goldwing t-shirts, while they last.)

Joe Bob says check it out.

I wanted to hit the Honda ride, but went to a friends to go swimming instead. Family day

Back