• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

dfw places that paint bodywork?

brd

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a shop or person that will do a small job (2 or 3 pieces) in a reasonable amount of time? The VFR has a 3 stage paint (base, top, clearcoat), too, so I'd prefer someone with experience doing that.

By reasonable amount of time do you mean turn-around time or you need it done right away.

My brother is a paint master. He's done two recent import car jobs that each won 1st place at car shows. He's also painted a $25,000 dollar custom bike for a friend of ours that came out better than some we've seen at dealers (and he painted it in a garage).

He's rather choosey with what jobs he takes, but he's very fair about doing them. 3 stage paint is his specialty.

His rules are:
You do all of the disassembly and reassembly of the bike. (he paints stuff, not builds stuff)
You buy the paint and supplies. He'll go with you to ensure you get the right stuff. (he feels it's important that you get a reciept, so you know you're not getting hosed)
100% of the price of the job is paid for up front. (never fear, his work is show quality)
After he gives you a quote, if you think it's too high, or someone else will do it cheaper, then he's more than happy to advise that you get it done somewhere else. :) But it's not likely you'll find a better value.

As I can't speak for him, I'd still have to ask if he's willing to do a job.
If the bike doesn't need bodywork, then he'll probably do it.
His turn-around time is usually 1 weekend (maybe just a tad longer as he's not willing to give back parts that are still tackey).

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll see if he's in the mood to paint :).
Oh, and he's in the DFW area.

C V Man

Back