• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW tag

I just noticed that the last tag was posted on 7/25. I'm going to try to get there this weekend, I know exactly where it is. :)

I don't know where it is. Doesn't mean that others don't though. But it has been sitting a bit so it's up to you. Sometimes we just need a nudge and a reminder.

It's just down the road from the home-turf of the Von Erich dynasty.

von-erics.jpg

It's just down the road from the home-turf of the Von Erich dynasty.

I spent many a night there. I was sad to see it torn down after the fire. If this thing is still up next week when I have the bike (and I actually remember to head that way) I'll snag it and move this thing towards the mid city.

Longhorn Ballroom, 216 Corinth St, Dallas, TX 75207-4904

P1030950.jpg

Jump in a LAKE for what it's WORTH. Are you HERONing me?

P1030955.jpg

I am Heron you! Good one Itchy! Do you know what is up w/ all the barbed wire and posted signs???
IMG_0005-1.jpg

AKKKK!!! There is an iguana on my bike!

IMG_0007-1.jpg

CLUE: they have other animals there too (live ones). Lions, Elephants, etc...

Last edited:
It has been a month!!! More clues???

By John Kelso AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Published: 11:21 p.m. Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Iguana-004_452610k.jpg

"It's like Jesus in a Fellini movie," one guy in the crowd of about 200 onlookers exclaimed. As the helicopter and iguana appeared over the tree line, the sound system near the cocktail and hors d'oeuvres tent played "The Ride of the Valkyries."

"I'm in shock," said Wade, who said this might be "the biggest moment" of his life.

"I call it my middle child," said Wade, whose big iguana was a landmark in New York City for 11 years when it was perched on top of the Lone Star Café . "I've got a 37-year-old daughter. I've got a 20-year-old daughter. And I've got a 32-year-old lizard. So I'm just thrilled, brother."

The iguana, made of wire mesh, polyurethane and tubular pipe, is on loan to the ??? from Fort Worth civic leader Lee Bass, a friend of Wade's. Bass bought the iguana — the New York newspapers called it Iggy when it was there — from Wade 11 years ago. It's been stored in a barn west of Fort Worth for the past 10 years.

"Except for the time the mini-tornado came through and blew the barn and the iguana to bits," Bass said. All of the pieces of the lizard were found and reassembled."

The article Jeff quotes makes me think the place must be a real zoo.

IMG_2221.jpg

Okay I will tag the lizard at the Fort Worth Zoo. You can see it from University Drive as you ride by.

It look like his cousin has hitched a ride on my fairing.

Keeping with the lizard theme.....

IMG_2222.jpg

and closer up

IMG_2224.jpg

These lizards are known as Frogs, and rumor has it they play a mean game of football directly across the street from this plaque.

I guess nobody wants to go shoot the pic of the TCU lizard. Is anybody even still playing?

Open season here, if anyone wants to still play the next person can just toss out an interesting pic and roll with it.

Not sure is I was clear before. The game is open to anyone to restart with a tag of their choosing. That TCU tag sat far too long with no interest. I am calling it expired.

Back