• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW TARA BS Thread

I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. Need to check on my boat and put miles on the 690. I've mapped a route from Highland Village to Texoma incorporating mostly back roads and as many unpaved sections as makes sense. I plan on leaving around 9 to 9:30am.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet along the way.

Not sure when i'll return and whether it'll be backroads or a straight shot down 289.

Attachments

• Home to Marina Feb 18.jpg
    Home to Marina Feb 18.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 271
Copb8, which day you doing this? I would like to meet up with you if I can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to see that 690... I sure am thinking about that bike being my next bike...

Just looked at you map a little better I just rode the OAT section from Carpenters Bluff Bridge to the Denison Dam today! Then made my way back to Pottsboro possibly the same route you took also...

Just looked at you map a little better I just rode the OAT section from Carpenters Bluff Bridge to the Denison Dam today! Then made my way back to Pottsboro possibly the same route you took also...

I did the ride today and we probably just missed each other. From the lake I just heads-down rode home trying to beat nightfall with my tinted visor. Just got here.

Bummer we missed each other. I decided to ride and planned the route at 6 this morning. Just a spur of the moment kind a thing. Was a great ride.

Love the 690 so far.

I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. Need to check on my boat and put miles on the 690. I've mapped a route from Highland Village to Texoma incorporating mostly back roads and as many unpaved sections as makes sense. I plan on leaving around 9 to 9:30am.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet along the way.

Not sure when i'll return and whether it'll be backroads or a straight shot down 289.

You got a gps track for this?

You got a gps track for this?

Let's see if this works. Try this link

Highland Village to Texoma Ride

I did run into a closed bridge that had permanent barricades in place. I was able to go around them and cross the bridge but had to squeeze between the barricade and a deep hole on one side. With my narrow bike it was still very tight and a difficult turn to get back on the road because of soft ground. If you're on a bigger bike or have bags I'm not sure you could make it. I'll try and find the spot on my map but I can tell you it was west of Celina.

The route had some unpaved roads but not as many as I'd hoped. That said the paved portions were very nice, especially all the roads east of I-75. For Frisco/Plano folks it'd be a nice day ride.

For some reason I'm being denied uploading pics. I'll post a few when I get that resolved.

Last edited:
Just looked at my tracks and realized the closed bridge was on Shearer road and was off my intended route. I had detoured down a road that looked interesting. So the track posted will work for anybody.

March 25th for a Lake Texoma/ OAT ride? Me, Jampad & dualsportrider were talking about this ride a few weeks back. Anyone else want to join in?

March 25th for a Lake Texoma/ OAT ride? Me, Jampad & dualsportrider were talking about this ride a few weeks back. Anyone else want to join in?

Any chance to push it for a week? Or week before? Cause that weekend, there is around the band rally in big band, where a bunch of us are going. And I would like to attend both

JoToPe, going to text you a Karate event that I was just told about. I know that weekend works great for you and Dualsportrider but It may not be a good weekend for me :(

Hey Guys...Travis here. Working on the DFW North group now. I have set up a new email address. If you would like to be included in the DFW North group drop me a note at the email and I will add your name.

tara.dfwnorth@yahoo.com

The group will primarily be for guys located north of DFW. Our area is basically from DFW west on Hwy 183 to Hwy 377...then north up to Denton...then back south on I35E to Hwy 183...west back to DFW. Anyone is welcome to attend any group meetings or rides, but our meeting sites will be more convenient and local to riders in, or near, this triangle.

We will post all meetings and rides on the Txadvriders.org site, but will also use the email list to communicate back & forth...so drop me a note. Include your name, email, cell, where you live, and the type of bike that you ride: ADV, Dualsport, or Dirt...or any combination. I will try to put all this info on a PDF contact list...then email it back to everyone. That way...if you are looking for a ride buddy...you can go thru the list and contact riders directly.

Good weather is around the corner...get the info to me asap. Thanks.

Travis P.
214-924-9350

Back