• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DFW Xmas weekend trail

Reaction score
What is good trail riding within an hour or two of H.E.B.? I've to visit relatives in H.E.B. but will probably have lots of free time. I'm thinking of bringing XR200 with me.

Red River Motorcycle Trails in Bulcher. About two hours north of HEB. $15.00 for non members.

http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/

Call them to be sure which days they will be open. Friendly folks run the place and the riding is pretty darn good. If you team up with a local that knows the place well be sure to have them lead you to "Bill's Woods"

Also there is Trophy Club not too far away. It is smaller, and much easier overall than Red River. Not saying all of Red River is difficult because there is quite a bit that is cake, but if you don't know your way around you can get yourself into some pretty deep stuff.

Not to mention that if you don't know your way around, chances are you might not even see any of the good stuff. Most of the really good trails are way off the beaten path. Bill's Woods is my favorite place to go when I'm out there and quite a few have no idea where it is or how to get there.

If you decide on the Red River route I might be free on Saturday to go up and do some riding if the weather is nice enough.

If my bike's ready (I'm working on my clutch) and you don't mind having a slow newbie with you p.m me and I'll ride with you.

Weather doesn't look good down in Houston. Been raining a lot. Ground is soggy. More rain to come this week. How's the ground like in DFW?

Looks like I'll have to work Saturday. Sunday might still be doable.

Can't tell you about the mud condition. But if it gets too bad we might skip it ( Last time I rode in the mud up in rocky ridge, I spent more time off the bike then on the bike...)

Keep me posted

Red River typically dries out fairly quick. Trophy Club stays wet for weeks after a decent rain. That being said, it looks like my riding plans have gone bye bye with some family stuff going on now.

Looks like no riding for me in DFW also. Only day I can ride is 25th. Red River is closed on that day.

Back