• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Diamond Don's Dual Sport Ride near Marshall Texas. This Friday 11/19

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Bryant

Flipit and I are going to ride the Diamond Don's Dual Sport loop near Marshall Texas this Friday. We are leaving from the Dallas Area and meeting in Terrell TX for breakfast then shoot down I20 to Marshall to get to the loop. This is a loop that REI (little general ) was going to ride back when he got sick. He shared the tracks. If anyone would like to tag along send me a txt at 214 649 4492 and I will let you know where in Terrell we are meeting. We will start early. It will be cold at first but the afternoon will be really nice.​

That's really bold of you, Dan.

(we are doing this on Big Bikes, btw)

Where's the information for this ride?

Where's the information for this ride?
Pretty much in the first post. Just a day ride. in East Texas. We are riding from Dallas area. On big Adventure bikes. I have not done this loop before so am not aware of how much of it is paved or unpaved. Mostly highway until we get to Marshall TX then we start the loop.

Thanks, I googled it and got the maps for both the short and long routes.

The route for Diamond Dons long has a good mix of Asphalt and Gravel. I did it on a 1290 back during DD’s Vintage Days.. Nice Route..

It's bad when you get old, lol, this sounds like a blast and was about to ask to join in. Then remembered my bike is in the shop still, duh. Maybe some other time.

I'd really like to finally someday attend one of Don's events. Known him for 50 years. We've tried but something always comes up that we can't get out of. Just like this time. 😤

It's bad when you get old, lol, this sounds like a blast and was about to ask to join in. Then remembered my bike is in the shop still, duh. Maybe some other time.
Well POO I know the feeling. Wish your bike was healthy and you could join us.

I'd really like to finally someday attend one of Don's events. Known him for 50 years. We've tried but something always comes up that we can't get out of. Just like this time.
I was originally gonna go this Saturday but Flipit had something going on that day. It's hard to get a group together, everyone has stuff going on. Maybe next time my friend.

Maybe some other time.
Darn, Rob. I haven't ridden with you since I broke my ribs back in May of 2019. I need to redeem myself. I have since discovered my bike has a rear brake.

Darn, Rob. I haven't ridden with you since I broke my ribs back in May of 2019. I need to redeem myself. I have since discovered my bike has a rear brake.
Lol. That was fun trip, last time I was in Arkansas too.

Flipit and I are going to ride the Diamond Don's Dual Sport loop near Marshall Texas this Friday. We are leaving from the Dallas Area and meeting in Terrell TX for breakfast then shoot down I20 to Marshall to get to the loop.​

Morning. I’m in Longview and would like to join the ride if possible. Just moved back to Texas from SoCal. Bike is sitting out side, my gear is in storage that opens at 07:00. Could potentially be near marshal approx 08:00.
let me know if your loop provides the opportunity for me to meet up and join the ride. Thanks

Morning. I’m in Longview and would like to join the ride if possible. Just moved back to Texas from SoCal. Bike is sitting out side, my gear is in storage that opens at 07:00. Could potentially be near marshal approx 08:00.
let me know if your loop provides the opportunity for me to meet up and join the ride. Thanks
@chiricahua , we'll catch you next time. This was a whirlwind trip, I just got back to my house in North Dallas just as the sun was setting. Pretty cool route. easy dirt, tiny bit of sand, some easy rutted sections, good Italian food in Jefferson.

So what was the total mileage of the ride?

The track is 92.6 miles, if you do the trip into Jefferson (or start/finish in Jefferson).

Back