• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dickies Moto Ironcloth jeans

Reaction score
Too bad. Looks like Dickies no longer makes these. Or at least their web site seems to be completely ignorant of them.

My wife got me a pair for Christmas, she said they were very hard to find. I guess probably because even Dickies doesn't know they make them. I wore them for the first time today.

I typically wear a 33/34 in most jeans, but these don't come in odd number sizes so these are 34/34. They fit just like my other Dickies jeans (which I really like), which is to say the waist is as expected and the length is comparably long. I typically wear a 33/34 in Wrangler Retro and sometimes 34/34 in Levi's 514s and 33/32 in Dickies jeans. I like the longer length for riding a motorcycle because your knee is always bent on the bike and they still cover my boots.

Other forums seemed to suggest these are kind of narrow in the leg opening but they totally are not. These are basically straight leg jeans. Fit fine over my Keen 59 boots. I'm sure they'd fit over my street motorcycle boots.

The fabric is kind of like a cross between cordura and regular cotton jeans. According to the tag, they are 74% cotton, 25% nylon and 1% lyrca. They don't really have noticeable "stretch", which is good because I hate stretch jeans. They are super dark black and that's the only color they come in. Fabric kind of feels like heavy duty khakis. They actually look like heavy duty black khakis.

Of course I haven't crashed in them. IIRC Dickies used to claim these were like twice as abrasion resistant as regular denim. They call this "Ironcloth", and they actually had an entire web site of "Dickies Moto" that featured these jeans as well as jackets etc. made from this fabric. I'm sure it's tougher than regular jeans, probably not as good as kevlar lined jeans or Dyneema, but probably on par with other textile moto-specific pants.

I like them. I am not going to wear them all the time, but I will probably wear them all the time on the bike, particularly if I am riding more than just a few miles or at speeds over about 35 mph. I won't probably change just for a trip to the grocery store, but like today's 1.75 hr ride, absolutely. They are comfortable and look almost like regular jeans. I seriously wish they had them in normal bluejeans color, I'd buy another pair.

Now it looks like these are NLA except existing stock, which they have onhand at Revzilla etc. I would suggest picking some up while you can. $80, not a terrible deal, and you won't look like a poser in Harley Davidson jeans or like an astronaut in adventure-touring pants.

Good info. In the future give the Diamond Gusset Defender MC specific kevlar jean a look see. They have plenty of sizes to choose from and will work with you to find a perfect fit. I'm a 32/34 but wanted a 35 and they had it. Plus made in the good old USA and comes in blue or black.

Back