• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dizzy spells and blacking out

I took lisnopril for 3 yrs and had a continuos dry cough. Carried a handful of cough drops in my pocket every day. Finally mentioned it to my heart dr. Duhh, it’s a possible side effect. He switched me to another and now I don’t cough and sleep better. So no matter what you get on, be very vocal when they ask how your feeling.
Yeah, that said that but I have seasonal coughs aka algeries

Michael, any improvement?
I've gotten a bur under my saddle to get my weight down and hopefully my BP. Lost 12 # so far. Down to 2016#. Last time I got down to 208#, I was able to get off BP med. We'll see if the old body still responds that way. Target goal is 199#.

Thanks for checking in. So far we are seeing small improvements but still have some bad days when I get stressed. Now that I know it is high blood pressure, a lot of the way I have been feeling finally makes since. I stopped coffee completely and cutting way back on salt. I am taking CoQ10 and tumeric to thin the blood and help with heat health along with Valerian root if I am feel bad when my pressure is up. So far this has been helping a lot along with a lot of exercise. (Loading hay bales in the pasture this week has been the exercise of the week)
So far I am just continuing to monitor once a week so we will see. Thank you all for your prayers. This is not fun stuff and has put a lot of stress on the family. We really appreciate y'all.

Quitting caffeine was so hard on my system. It takes me about two months to get over it. Yes I have slipped up lots of times. Michel you are wise to do it naturally. Thanks for the inspiration.

I'm late coming in but prayers will be sent. FWIW, I think this group must say some good ones.

My heart Dr. has never even mentioned caffeine. :shrug:
I abused it, like 6-8 diet cokes a day. Caused me bad sleep habits. I'm sure caffeine in moderation won't affect blood pressure. Not sure if mine went down from stopping it, but I felt better and my wallet too. I am the same way with beer. I love the taste and the relaxing feeling of two or three, but after time the numbers increase. Guess I don't have good will power. Same thing with Blue Bell, we rarely buy it :).

I have had issues with caffeine off and on for 20 years. I actually had completely stopped until 8 years ago during my wife's cancer treatment. Caffeine and Levi Garrett were my friends. ( Another old habbit I gave up) I wish I could promise the wife and the Dr that I'm done with coffee but boy that stuff tastes good. I had a small 4oz cup yesterday and had no issues. It was the first in about a month but I'm going to stay away for now.

I had to give up blue Bell a long time ago. My body finally forced me to stop and it's just not worth feeling bad for a week after a bowl of blue Bell. I will say however that we are almost primarily coconut milk folks now and there are some great options there.

I was on Lisinopril and then another I don't remember that my GP gave me I started having dizzy spells and had to lay down often especially if bending over to do anything that required effort. Finally had enough and went to a cardiologist my riding buddy used for a heart transplant. He revised my meds and now I have zero issues. ALL DRS ARE NOT THE SAME!!! If you are sitting around and at 140/90 you NEED some help I don't think you are getting. This is not something to fool around with. You say you aren't feeling bad but you may not even remember what feeling good was, very common.

That's where I hover and always tired., Something has to change. Sometimes 130 over 80 but can't function well. Sleep habits are junk and sleep late in morning. those BP meds have bad side effects. Thanks Irishcoffee this prompts me for a second opinion.

Last edited:
Back