• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DL650 V-Strom 21" front wheel possibility?

Reaction score
So I was talking to Chris over at Woody's Wire Wheels about possibly doing a set of wire wheels for the Strom (I like the look) and he asked if I would like to consider a 21 front wheel. I'm like wait....what? Didn't know that was an option!🤯 Anyway, he says he's done it before. I'm super curious as to what happens to the front fender? Anyway, anybody here ever heard of such craziness? Is it doable? Don't get my hopes up.

"Woody's Wheel Works"

Sure possible but why? But I would ask you the same question for spoked wheels on a Strom you've delegated to street and gravel road use. Also will you lose the cush hub on the rear wheel? Have them seal the rims for tubeless or use tubeless spoked rims?

Woody does quality work but it comes at a price.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Yes, I like the look of the spoked wheels. Not particularly interested in the 21" I just thought it was interesting. Didn't expect them to offer something like that. At this point, I'm looking at all options. Strom is a decent bike. I really like the later XT models with the spoked wheels. Might sell the Strom I guess. I haven't ridden it very much since getting it. Weighing the cost of a few mods verse selling and buying another bike.

Wouldn't a 21 raise the front 1 inch over a 19 inch. It may mess with design weight distribution. I could see it affecting highway handling. I hated my DL 650 in sand or loose rocks. My DL1000 that I now have is squirrely too. My XR650 gives me confidence off road even with 50/50 tires. Keep your Strom and buy a dirt bike with the money you save

Synth, if you decide to buy a bike with 21/17” spiked wheels I could make you a deal on 13 Tiger 800XC with modifications to help off road such as Scott’s steering damper and Touratech spring kit F/R.

Back