• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

This old man and me, were at the bar and we
Were having us some beers and swaping 'I don't cares'
Talking politics, blond and red-head chicks
Old dogs and new tricks and habits we ain't kicked
We talked about God's grace and all the **** we raised
Then I heard the ol' man say
"God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"
He said "I fought two wars
Been married and divorced"
What brings you to Ohio?
He said "Damned if I know"
We talked an hour or two about every girl we knew
What all we put 'em through
Like two old boys will do
We pondered life and death
He light a cigarette
He said "These **** things will kill me yet
But God is great, beer is good and people are crazy"
Last call it's two AM, I said goodbye to him
I never talked to him again
Then one sunny day, I saw the old man's face
Front page obituary, he was a millionaire
He left his fortune to some guy he barely knew, his kids were mad as ****
But me, I'm doing well
And I drop by today, to just say thanks and pray
And I left a six-pack right there on his grave and I said
'God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

Early on in this thread, I posted that I don't combine music with riding, still don't. I did however, for a brief moment, bring the two together in the shop today. I was cleaning a scooter carb that had sit for 15 years with gas in it. It had a nice golden brown spitcoat of varnish inside the bowel. A couple of the jets were clogged and I didn't have anything small enough to rout them out. Then it dawned on me. I picked up my shop guitar, ripped off a little A Boogie then pulled the .010 E string off and it worked like a charm to clean out those tiny jets and passages. Got that scooter hummin it's own song now so yeah, I guess music and motorcycles do sometimes go together...

Early on in this thread, I posted that I don't combine music with riding, still don't. I did however, for a brief moment, bring the two together in the shop today. I was cleaning a scooter carb that had sit for 15 years with gas in it. It had a nice golden brown spitcoat of varnish inside the bowel. A couple of the jets were clogged and I didn't have anything small enough to rout them out. Then it dawned on me. I picked up my shop guitar, ripped off a little A Boogie then pulled the .010 E string off and it worked like a charm to clean out those tiny jets and passages. Got that scooter hummin it's own song now so yeah, I guess music and motorcycles do sometimes go together...
Ethanol free. put the old fiddle back to work

Ethanol free. put the old fiddle back to work

Yep, belonged to my old partner. He crashed it back in 05 and didn't want anymore to do with it so he gave it to me yesterday. Gonna take it up to the lake to keep my BMW company.

Yep, belonged to my old partner. He crashed it back in 05 and didn't want anymore to do with it so he gave it to me yesterday. Gonna take it up to the lake to keep my BMW company.
Be nice to see pics of it once your done.

I’d be surprised if you don’t have a cutting torch tip cleaner. Those things work great for cleaning jets.

I know many of you will appreciate this 9.19 min

This guy even made that swarmy organ sound good. Consider the legendary organ run of the song Smokin' complete with the Bach Toccata style ending. :clap:

Last edited:
Speaking of... I can sort of make sense of this piece with this visualization

Mesmerizing

Reactions: Tom
Hammon B3. Church organ turned rock star. Coupled with a Lesli cabinet, giving musicians hernias for decades.

1:39....wait for it

man, zz had that different "groove thing" sound even early on
First saw them in 1972 at a place called Kings Village Rock Grounds. I rode a 1972 Honda 350 to the concert. Miracle I made it home trippin

Man, I can not imagine how loud they must have been in the day. The old pictures show Gibbons playing "Pearly Gates" through 2 100w stacks, and Hill is playing through 2 Marshall Major 200W bass stacks. And we're just a blues band?? Riiiight.............

I grew up in Tanglewood where Billy grew up. I remember the garage band they had and how most of the neighbors didn't like it. Matter of fact the police were called regularly. He was 10 years ahead of me in School. He always made fun of my bur haircut, and even more agony from Greg. We saw Billy about 4 years ago at his suite in West Houston. He hasn't changed a bit,......well,....just a little.
They got a lotta nice girls there.....

Man, I can not imagine how loud they must have been in the day. The old pictures show Gibbons playing "Pearly Gates" through 2 100w stacks, and Hill is playing through 2 Marshall Major 200W bass stacks. And we're just a blues band?? Riiiight.............

View attachment 270625
I got to meet the guys at Gruene Hall a couple of years ago, while they were filming a documentary about the band's adventures.
Billy was a really nice guy, once he found out we were from New Zealand he shared some great stories of their time there.
I will post the pic if I can find it.

Back