• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

Was with a cpl guys in Hstn one night in the late 60s and heard they were playing somewhere, DomeShadows I think. Headed that way but never made it. Ended up upside down in a bug at the fountain in the middle of S Main near the medical center. Fun night!

Was with a cpl guys in Hstn one night in the late 60s and heard they were playing somewhere, DomeShadows I think. Headed that way but never made it. Ended up upside down in a bug at the fountain in the middle of S Main near the medical center. Fun night!

I bet that wasn’t from looking at your cell phone whilst driving. We’re you “arrested while driving while blind”? :lol2:

Been hard to listen to music at all in this time of national tragic happenings, and worse, we've lost 2 members of Uriah Heep in a short period of time. The band was a major influence in my day, and I thought to get July Morning to post to a friends site, when I ran across this. Sometimes little things can nerf you out of darkness, and spark a tiny flame of hope. This kid, and a girl no less, nailing the bejeezus out of the drums along with the song dang near made me weepy. Not all kids are hopelessly lost to the droning dreck that all sounds the same and is everywhere like covid. This made me very bleeping happy.

Before there was such a thing as supergroups and hard rock, there was the cream.
Watched, loved it​

going down "memory lane" are we? Cream always leads me to Baker Gurvitz Army for more fabulously insane Ginger Baker.

y'all must be 3-5 years older than me, to have been into Ginger Baker and cream. Although I became a big Clapton fan, it was towards the end of the cream era. It just cost too much to buy enough equipment to make that much racket with instruments so I started out playing acoustically oriented folk oriented stuff in the mid 60's. Then at mature age of 16 I bought a 1962 Gibson SG standard and started playing with the louder, wilder, higher crowd. It beat the heck out of stocking shelves. At high noon today I'm having my band "Halfbaked" out to the farm for the first time since late February. Were all still a bit apprehensive about it cause most of us are over 60. We cannot even go into the new studio I just finished till the darn vaccine comes out. Were gonna sit under a tree with a bunch of amps and rock the countryside in socially distanced fashion 15 feet apart. And drink a lot of beer to kill any bugs that might enter us.

Seeing the Steve Goodman tune above reminds me of this song. Written by Micheal Smith, but best done by Trout Fishing in America. The Dead Egyption Blues. Micheal Smith is a songwriter's songwriter, just like Goodman was.

Usta really liketa go Trout Fishin....fun times

Lately ..Ive stumbled upon a new radio station.....KTRL Tarleton Public radio 90.5

The afternoon show from 1 to 3pm weekdays has a wide variety of tunes each day

KXT 91.7 in DFW is the Sunday nite go to for The Paul Slavens Show from 8 to 10pm
Ya never kno what he'll play ( Paul was a key member in the Dallas band Ten Hands)

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

I was a big Ten Hands fan at one point in time.

I went to see another band on Greenville one time in the late 80's and Ten Hands opened for them. Blew the headliner away. I can't even remember who the headliner was now, but I remember Ten Hands. I wore that first cassette out.

At some point in the early 90's, I did some studio work with their drummer on some project, but I've forgotten what it was now. Things were a bit of a haze back then :)

Well....if you kno the Hands....then ...Fever In The Funkhouse has gotta be nearby

I listened to Chris Douridas' shows on KERA back in the late 80s & early 90s & went to see some bands on Greenville Ave & a blues club right near I30

Dennis Gonzales & Craig Shropshire had Saturday latenite shows on KERA too

I still listen to KNONs blues shows....Texas Renegade Radio....& some others.
Music By The Book on Thursday eve was always a hoot from the Half Price Books hoodlums

I have bunches of cassettes with lots of these radio shows on them.

Well....if you kno the Hands....then ...Fever In The Funkhouse has gotta be nearby
Oh yeah. Fever guitar player Chris Claridy, who now plays with Cody Jinks I think, was one of my first guitar teachers. He's from and lives in Waxahachie. Our paths crossed a bunch of times over the years in the music world. I haven't interacted with him in a while, but he sat in with my buddy's band not too long ago. He said he is still a killer player.

The DFW metroperplexity definately had a thriving musicality about it back in the 80s & 90s....New Bohemians made it bigtime...

& you cant forget outside the boxers like MC 900Ft Jesus....jus unforgettable lyrics about the fringe elements of society.

We had a great time being active musicians in that scene back then. So much good music out there then. Great shows every night of the week.

Really didn't know what we had until it was gone.

I doubt it is, but looks like the set for Lawrence Welk. :lol2:

Back