• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do you ever ride two up when doing adventure riding?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday

I ride two up all the time with my kids on my 2017 BMW 1200 GS Rallye and love it, as do my kids. I've not tried it on a more dirt oriented bike though.

My wife and I ride two up on our DRZ400 a lot. Not even close to racing speeds.

My grandson use to ride with me quite a bit on DR650 until he got too big for us to fit. We now ride NC700 but he is about my size now so we don't venture off the tarmac much anymore. Now it is just day rides out and back usually on the Tracer 900GT.

Have 4,000 miles on this 125cc over the past 6 months riding 2 up adventures. Plenty of off pavement even with the street tires. Cruises at 55-60 mph all day while getting 100 mpg.

Last big trip, did 5 different islands over two weeks.
12d214cd172e05f3fd58f05719ffde12.jpg
7c3b16b228a6ea473cc2435c8f83af5c.png

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Did several days of the continental divide route 2-up with my 14 year old son, and have done several day rides that were very adventure oriented, including the K trail in OK/AR. KLR650

My wife has ridden on the back of my KLR650 a few times, but nothing greater than 30 miles. Wow, great and inspiring article!

My wife has done quite a bit with me, from Big Bend, Texas Hill Country and even a couple of rides in Colorado. I think the Africa Twin was a bit more comfortable for her, but she is a trooper and doesn't complain too much. Hopping to get her back to Big Bend for the ride coming up. Planing on doing a lot of exploring with as much dirt as I can up to Marfa and back again.

Does riding on unpaved road into a cow pasture, loaded for 2 week trip with the wife on back of the Goldwing count? Trying to follow a paper map for about 10-15 miles before the cows out numbered us and not even a dirt path was left, turned around and rode back to the paved road in eastern Colorado.

I’m still learning how to ride dirt on my own, not sure how I’d feel with my gf on the back. It’s impressive what this couple is doing.

Maybe I’ll try sometime soon but since she got her own bike I think I’ll remain solo for my dirty rides.

My wife has done quite a bit with me, from Big Bend, Texas Hill Country and even a couple of rides in Colorado. I think the Africa Twin was a bit more comfortable for her, but she is a trooper and doesn't complain too much. Hopping to get her back to Big Bend for the ride coming up. Planing on doing a lot of exploring with as much dirt as I can up to Marfa and back again.

I bet she would love that route we did the last day in Colorado in July 2018 when it was just you and me. My recollection of it was that it was all relatively easy riding with epic scenery.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Day 6 Big Bikes.gpx
    230.9 KB · Views: 184
Back