• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Donate Gear to help New Riders

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Howdy,

:tab We all remember what it was like trying to cover the cost of the MSF course, getting a bike, a helmet, gloves, blah blah blah... All too often I see or hear riders saying that they will get gear later when they can afford it. In an effort to help keep these people in one piece and to help you clear out your closet, this thread is where you can post up any gear or equipment that you would be willing to donate to new riders. They will of course still be expected to pay for shipping if necessary.

:tab So what do you have?

Last edited:
I'll post ua donation in a few days. What a great idea. BTW what are the qualifications to receive the gear? How do you pre-screen requests for items?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I don't screen squat :-P All transactions are done between the donor and donee directly. I don't have time to get involved beyond creating this forum ;-)

I have:

Joe Rocket Meteor jacket (blue) 2XL - GONE

Vega off-road helmet (black/gray) XL - Gone

Arai 3/4 helmet (white) XL - Gone

HJC CL-Max flip-front helmet (white) XL - includes dark smoke shield - GONE

HJC 1/2 helmet (black) XL - Gone

Various gloves mesh, textile and leather XL - Gone

For comparison, my cranium measures 61-62cm, and my head shape is oval. All equipment is in very good to excellent condition.

Last edited:

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Rhino Gloves Sz SM

These gloves are a little too small for me. They were my first pair, and I got a knock-off brand (Rino? Rhino?) online to try to save money. They fit, but they make my knuckles all red if I wear them.

Blue and black, looks like kevlar on the knuckles.

Free to new a rider who needs them to gear up (and whose hands will fit them). Local pick up (Houston) or just pay actual shipping.

I'll try to come up with a pic later if I can.

Various gloves mesh, textile and leather XL

I know what tourmaster means as to i'll get the gear when i can aford it. I just got a early Christmas present( tour master jacket) but i still am in need of a desient set of gloves . I am currently wearing a pair of old hunting gloves to attempt to provide some protection to my hands. Can i get more info on the ones you have Texmedic.

I would love to get the yellow firstgear gloves from you. I work in Cedar Park at the fire department tomarrow. Can i possibly meet you somewhere to pick them up? Martin

Last edited:
You work for Travis County EMS? Occasionally , my station runs calls with Medic 25. If needed i get off at 7:30 Am on thursday morning, I could meet you some where to pick them up or go pick them up at one of the stations i'm just not real familiar with thier locations and thank you.

You work for Travis County EMS?
Yeah, Sr. District Commander (Shift Commander) on A-Shift

I'll send them out to Medic 27 with the District 2 Commander. They cohabitate with AFD on Lake Creek Parkway (Engine 38?). If you swing by Thursday morning and pop in the EMS side, they should be there. I'll tell them to let B-Shift know you are coming since they get off at 0700.

Thanks alot Kurt they are great, now i just need to get the courage to get on the bike. with the temperatures the way they have been the last few days i have thought twice before venturing out on it. Thanks again martin

How do you measure your head? I got a cloth measure and went a round my head like in the middle of the forehead and did a loose measurement. I keep getting 59, 60cm around there do you think any of your helmets would fit me?

hey Squeaky , Debbie says she has small hands and would like to try your gloves on , im working at allen parkway and dunlavy some of next week and grant road and jones the other part , maybe i could pick them up and let her try them on , if they dont fit , i could give them back or pass them on to someone that they will fit , give me a call 281-639-7758 thanks ,,,Casey

I have a pair of black Joe Rocket Dry-Tech pants size 12-14 that I need to part with. I bought them maybe four years ago to wear over my jeans when riding. I was a size 10 in women's jeans and they did fit perfectly as an over the pants for cold day of riding. In the last six months, I've dropped 24 pounds (now a size 4 or 6 in women's jeans). These pants fall off me, even with jeans on. These pants are MINT/Beautiful condition....Anyone interested in these unisex pants? (men or women can wear them).

okayf00l said:
Anyone have a helmet that would fit someone with a 58-60 inch head?
I rounded up a used Shoei - size medium - from my neighbor for you.

I also have a used black AGV Demon helmet size small for free if someone needs it. One of the top fins is cracked (not from a wreck) but still makes a decent helmet.

mary111 said:
I have a pair of black Joe Rocket Dry-Tech pants size 12-14 that I need to part with. I bought them maybe four years ago to wear over my jeans when riding. I was a size 10 in women's jeans and they did fit perfectly as an over the pants for cold day of riding. In the last six months, I've dropped 24 pounds (now a size 4 or 6 in women's jeans). These pants fall off me, even with jeans on. These pants are MINT/Beautiful condition....Anyone interested in these unisex pants? (men or women can wear them).
I few of the ladies pm'd me on these riding pants. One lady is too short for them and the other lady is too tall for them. So, they are still available. Remember they are unisex pants.

okayf00l said:
How do you measure your head? I got a cloth measure and went a round my head like in the middle of the forehead and did a loose measurement. I keep getting 59, 60cm around there do you think any of your helmets would fit me?

60 cm = 23.622047 in. This = (approx) XL in an HJC or a Nolan 100 series. Other makes vary slightly, some of the "name" units run a wee on the small size, I'm told.

JR
"Grumpy"
STOC 394
03ST1300ABS

mary111 said:
mary111,

What size are those size in men's size? Dont know if 33x32 will fit.

thanks,
Kenneth

pretty much anything haha, im about to get a bike and i guess ill need a helmet and a jacket. my budget is pretty low so i was lookin at everything used haha. tx-vfr where did you go?

c1337j said:
pretty much anything haha, im about to get a bike and i guess ill need a helmet and a jacket. my budget is pretty low so i was lookin at everything used haha. tx-vfr where did you go?
c1337j, I went to a small private church school in Keene, TX. bout 30min S of fort worth. you going to UT-H?

I'd highly recommend getting gloves of some kind. even the $20 leather thin things are better then nothing. saved my hands in my first get-off

woo double post ! lol jk jk, right now im going to a community college in alvin, which is like 25 min south of houston, but next spring ill be out at san marcos

i have no idea with helmets like i dont even know, i know that i wear a 7 1/4 hat lol, im a 33 inch waste, and anywhere from about a 10 or 11 shoe.

Have I got a deal for you!
I have a pretty nice pair of REAL carbon Fiber and leather FeildSheer Gauntlet gloves that could be yours for the right price! See it seems that I steal peoples cars for a living and there is one I'm looking for in Alvin. Drive by a time or two and see if you see a certain car setting at a certain address. Nothing more just drive by a few times and look. Don't stop, visit ask or investigate just look.
AND as a bonus,,,,:
I might be able to deliver the gloves right to your door providing my cars there and I have to come repossess it
SRAD

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I spent a few years at ACC. Good times ;-) Had some really good professors too. Of course, that was 20 years ago and a few of them might not be around any more... :-|

lol well tel lme what you need, and ill help you out. eh acc is ok, ive just lived here forever and well alvin gets old lol

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
I graduated Alvin HS in 1984. I recently visited the campus and could hardly recognize it. They have torn down and replaced so many of the buildings since I was there. I get down there every now and then because my inlaws live just outside town off of Davis Bend Rd. We lived out there from 78 to 89.

haah where off of davis bend? i live in a really small subdivision right off of it, my house was built in i think 82 or so, yah they tore down and built like 4 new buildings just while i was there, they plan on tearing down everything and then just having like 6 big buildings, which i think is dumb, the bigger campus gives a different attitude than just a school with one big building like santa fe or something

I'm a repoman and I have a car that I am trying to repossess the girl moved to Alvin. I hate to drive 8 hours to find out her and the car are not there,,, if on the other hand someone drives by sees the car at the address then I know before I leave here that my car will be there for me to repo! Presto and free gloves for you!
SRAD

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
We lived in Midas Estates out just past the crop dusting airport. There was also a little RC Aircraft airport across the street from the regular airport. If it was not raining, those things were buzzing all over the place like crazed bugs. The inlaws live in the subdivision between the airport and Davis Bend road, down near Rowan-Burton Rd.