• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Donate Gear to help New Riders

small world, i live in the one your inlaws live in, do you know where in the subdivision ? or do they still live there?

Is this still being read? I had to buy a new "passenger" helmet for a ride the other day. I have a Fulmer DOT-only modular helmet in black, size large. It has some "rash" from where I carried it in a bicycle basket at work and it bounced around. It doesn't even look deep, but if you worry about things like this, pass on this helmet. I can promise that it hasn't been dropped, but you have to trust me on it. I live in Orange, but I'm willing to ship it with paid shipping. I might can post a picture tomorrow.

sry i havent been on in so long, just wanna thank srad tho for the gloves, im yet to get a bike but im getting my credit ready to get a loan. thanks again guys

I'm looking for a sm or med helemt for a friend of mine. We are gonna try to swing by a mc shop and try on some helmets to get a better idea, but all of my L or XL helemts are too big for her.

MaxxTraxx said:
I'm looking for a sm or med helemt for a friend of mine. We are gonna try to swing by a mc shop and try on some helmets to get a better idea, but all of my L or XL helemts are too big for her.
Interested in donating one of those L helmets to a different, new rider? I have a friend who is looking for a large, full face helmet. He's taking the MSF this weekend, going for license next week.

so, i bought my little ninjette about a month ago, not realizing that they were going to rape me on the cost of msf (250 bucks i think?)
anyways, i received a lid with the bike, except its a large, and i wear a small/medium. im more than willing to trade helmets or whatever. that, and, i need a jacket too. jacket would be either small or medium also. im willing to trade random stuff that i have lying around the house.

invision said:
not realizing that they were going to rape me on the cost of msf (250 bucks i think?)
Really? The fee is set by the state at $180 and discounts are available for families/groups. I realize the $180 can be a bit steep for folks, but I don't see how they got away with $250...

i lied. sort of. its 220 dollars, at Cowboy Harley in Beaumont, TX. cool kids that they are decided to stretch it out to a 5 day course. still, thats a lot more than I have right now, and me starting college this semester isnt helping the situation at all. so anything i could get...gloves, jacket, lid, pat on the back, etc etc would be incredibly awesome. :rider:

invision said:
i lied. sort of. its 220 dollars, at Cowboy Harley in Beaumont, TX. cool kids that they are decided to stretch it out to a 5 day course. still, thats a lot more than I have right now, and me starting college this semester isnt helping the situation at all. so anything i could get...gloves, jacket, lid, pat on the back, etc etc would be incredibly awesome. :rider:
Have you actually taken the MSF yet? If not, go to How To Ride Motorcycle Training in Groves. http://www.howtoride.net/ I went there a couple of years ago, it had a different name. It's definitely cheaper than $220. Great guys teach it as well.

ahhh thanks for that link!! thats so much better than cowboy harley...you just saved me a LOT of money and time. :)

Hello all. I just put a down payment on an SV650S and I am going to pick it up Wednesday to take it to my mechanic. If he gives it a thumbs up, I am going to have a bike, but I don't have any gear. My friend is letting me borrow his helmet until I can get one though.

I went to a local store Cycle Gear and stuff seems very expensive, I do have some money to spend on gear if you want some money for it. Here are my sizes:
I am 6'1 190
Arai Helmet size L
Shoei helmet size L
Glove size L - Thanks to Deviate for the gloves
I am located in Garland, TX. Very close to Dallas and I am willing to drive up to 50-75 miles.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: I picked up a jacket recently and I am using my friends gloves and helmet untill I get money for ones of my own.

Oh ya, here is a picture of the bike :D I'm really excited!!!

I'm looking for a pair of cheap (free works too) motorcycle boots. I wear a 13 US. I'm trying to stay away from work-style boots since the toes are way too thick for the Aprilia.

Anyone have some lying around collecting dust? Or at least links where I can get some really cheap?

I've been wearing some Nike high-top wrestling shoes lately. Great for feel, but they only offer slightly more protection than a thick pair of socks.

Many thanks.

-Lee

Arai 3/4 (open face) helmet, white XL (new condition) - adopted

Icon Neo-Daytona leather jacket w/liner chest size 52 (good condition) - adopted

Sidi Strada Evo Tempur boots size 45 euro, 11 US (fair condition)

Kochmann Assen leather boots size 45 euro, 11 US (good condition)

Last edited:
hey guys, Im not riding yet, but Im trying to. I need to buy a bike, and looking at the cost of the bike, the MSF course, and gear, im screwed. Anyone who can get me anything would be a great help. PM me if you can.

Im 5'10'', 155 lbs. I wear size 13 boots.

invision said:

Question -- was that the MSF course, or Rider's Edge? There is a difference, although Rider's Edge is certified by MSF, I believe.

Lee

Free to new home:
First Gear (Yellow/Black) Ladies jacket size Large, still has the rain liner and all zippers work fine. I will be at the New Ulm Pie Run this weekend and if you let me know you want it I can bring it then, OR if you want to pay shipping I will ship it to you. Only worn one season and has been taken care of (not ratted out). Sorry no pictures but can see if Keith will take one tonight and post up. Let me know. :rider:

*****gone*****sorry I forgot to put it here.

Hey guys, also new, also broke :-( . Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm 6' 155 lbs. Size 9-10 shoes. PM me if you have anything I can buy off you!

Power Trip San Jose Mesh Jacket
Black/Cream colored
Women's Size Large
see picture at http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/943
Condition: Good. A slight purplish sheen due to sun fading, but otherwise in good shape. Has armour and a zip out liner vest.

Power Trip Black Diamond Leather Pants
Women's Size 10/M
See picture and description at http://www.motoemporium.com/powertrip/blackdiamond_pant_w.html
Condition: Excellent. A little too small for me. I've only worn them a few times.

Edit: Gone now (6-22-07 5:42 p.m.)

Last edited:
Power Trip San Jose Mesh Jacket
Black/Cream colored
Women's Size Large
see picture at http://newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/943
Condition: Good. A slight purplish sheen due to sun fading, but otherwise in good shape. Has armour and a zip out liner vest.

Power Trip Black Diamond Leather Pants
Women's Size 10/M
See picture and description at http://www.motoemporium.com/powertrip/blackdiamond_pant_w.html
Condition: Excellent. A little too small for me. I've only worn them a few times.
pm sent..

This IS perhaps the GREATEST service on this forum.. I was recently able to outfit my 18 year old grandson for his first bike... It's a keeper too... an 86 NightHawk S that looks almost like new, runs like it too... Thanx to all who donate...
BTW... the Computer memory chips I put up on Paying it Forward have all been shipped... JR

Free to a good home:

Edit: All gear is spoken for. Thanks.

Santa brought me some new gear goodies from Olympia, so these are up for graps:

Tourmaster Cortech GX Air Jacket XL
http://www.4dsms.com/eshopprod_cat_...AND+jacket.CORTECH_GX_AIR_JACKET_WITH_LEA.htm

Cortech Pants size 36
Stay tuned for more info/images

I also have a pair of gloves size XL, but they are more a size L in fit.

All in great shape and clean, a few nicks from a get-off in Utah sand/rock, but no rips/tears/holes and all impact material in excellent shape.

pm if interested. To the one that will end up with these, the only request is to donate towards the server fund. Thanks, have a good day :sun:

Free to a good home:

Cortech Pants size 36
pm if interested. To the one that will end up with these, the only request is to donate towards the server fund. Thanks, have a good day :sun:
Hey,

Did you get my P.M. that I sent you last night about the pants?

I don't know how I missed this when I started riding again back in June. So I did it all on my own. Bummer! Story of my life . . .
I did not know about this either when i started. Certainly a great service and a great way to encourage people to ride ATGATT. So now I get to do my small part, and i am glad to do it. :sun:

Helped me out for sure. If/when I ever get a surplus of gear, itll be going on here, because i know how much it helped me.

Re: Donate Gear to help New Riders [GONE! -- Taken by Rockjockey]

OK -- :giveup:

Arai Quantum 2 full face helmet -- Size = large -- Color = white.

Great shape, fantastic starter helmet, and has years of riding left.

Local pick up only in N Dallas / Plano.

email TXGL1800@gmail.com

:rider:

Woman's size 4 Teknic dark blue leather riding jacket. In near perfect condition, my daughter simply outgrew it. :( (my baby's growing up).

Free to good home.

Would you be up for shipping to 77417 ? i would love for my wife to have something like this, if you take paypal or i could send you the money for shipping it . thanks Casey

This is a new Olympia Motor Sports ladies armored jacket

My daughter's ex boyfriend gave it to her, then she dumped him. Good move!!

It's XS, aka extra small, so really for that young daughter of yours you want to take riding.

My wife, who is rather petite, tried it on and it was too small for her.

But it's perfect for a kid.

And.....Free

PM me

I will take everybody interested and drop the names in a hat through this weekend, and pull the lucky winner's name out Sunday night.

Therefore you don't have to kill yourself replying to this post.

Glad we still have the jacket and not the dingbat boyfriend. Lol!!!

EDIT: As of this edit we have 3 names in the hat. Drawing for this free jacket is Sunday night.

Don't forget - PM me to get in the hat.

And FREE SHIPPING 'cause I'm in a fabulous mood

Last edited: