• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Donate Gear to help New Riders

I have a pair of black Joe Rocket Dry-Tech pants size 12-14 that I need to part with. I bought them maybe four years ago to wear over my jeans when riding. I was a size 10 in women's jeans and they did fit perfectly as an over the pants for cold day of riding. In the last six months, I've dropped 24 pounds (now a size 4 or 6 in women's jeans). These pants fall off me, even with jeans on. These pants are MINT/Beautiful condition....Anyone interested in these unisex pants? (men or women can wear them).

okayf00l said:
Anyone have a helmet that would fit someone with a 58-60 inch head?

I rounded up a used Shoei - size medium - from my neighbor for you.

I also have a used black AGV Demon helmet size small for free if someone needs it. One of the top fins is cracked (not from a wreck) but still makes a decent helmet.

mary111 said:
I have a pair of black Joe Rocket Dry-Tech pants size 12-14 that I need to part with. I bought them maybe four years ago to wear over my jeans when riding. I was a size 10 in women's jeans and they did fit perfectly as an over the pants for cold day of riding. In the last six months, I've dropped 24 pounds (now a size 4 or 6 in women's jeans). These pants fall off me, even with jeans on. These pants are MINT/Beautiful condition....Anyone interested in these unisex pants? (men or women can wear them).

I few of the ladies pm'd me on these riding pants. One lady is too short for them and the other lady is too tall for them. So, they are still available. Remember they are unisex pants.

okayf00l said:
How do you measure your head? I got a cloth measure and went a round my head like in the middle of the forehead and did a loose measurement. I keep getting 59, 60cm around there do you think any of your helmets would fit me?

60 cm = 23.622047 in. This = (approx) XL in an HJC or a Nolan 100 series. Other makes vary slightly, some of the "name" units run a wee on the small size, I'm told.

JR
"Grumpy"
STOC 394
03ST1300ABS

mary111 said:

mary111,

What size are those size in men's size? Dont know if 33x32 will fit.

thanks,
Kenneth

im a new rider a poor a college kid, does that qualify?

c1337j said:
im a new rider a poor a college kid, does that qualify?
I would think it would qualify just fine ;)

sorry I don't have any gear I'm not using :( I'm just getting over the "broke college kid" stage.

pretty much anything haha, im about to get a bike and i guess ill need a helmet and a jacket. my budget is pretty low so i was lookin at everything used haha. tx-vfr where did you go?

c1337j said:
pretty much anything haha, im about to get a bike and i guess ill need a helmet and a jacket. my budget is pretty low so i was lookin at everything used haha. tx-vfr where did you go?
c1337j, I went to a small private church school in Keene, TX. bout 30min S of fort worth. you going to UT-H?

I'd highly recommend getting gloves of some kind. even the $20 leather thin things are better then nothing. saved my hands in my first get-off

woo double post ! lol jk jk, right now im going to a community college in alvin, which is like 25 min south of houston, but next spring ill be out at san marcos

i have no idea with helmets like i dont even know, i know that i wear a 7 1/4 hat lol, im a 33 inch waste, and anywhere from about a 10 or 11 shoe.

Have I got a deal for you!
I have a pretty nice pair of REAL carbon Fiber and leather FeildSheer Gauntlet gloves that could be yours for the right price! See it seems that I steal peoples cars for a living and there is one I'm looking for in Alvin. Drive by a time or two and see if you see a certain car setting at a certain address. Nothing more just drive by a few times and look. Don't stop, visit ask or investigate just look.
AND as a bonus,,,,:
I might be able to deliver the gloves right to your door providing my cars there and I have to come repossess it
SRAD

c1337j said:
what?! haha
:rofl:
You missed the thread about how SRAD was going to steal all our bikes... :eek2:

Actually, he isn't kidding - he legally reposses stuff. Looks like a pair of gloves in exchange for a little information... :trust:

I spent a few years at ACC. Good times ;-) Had some really good professors too. Of course, that was 20 years ago and a few of them might not be around any more... :-|

lol well tel lme what you need, and ill help you out. eh acc is ok, ive just lived here forever and well alvin gets old lol

I graduated Alvin HS in 1984. I recently visited the campus and could hardly recognize it. They have torn down and replaced so many of the buildings since I was there. I get down there every now and then because my inlaws live just outside town off of Davis Bend Rd. We lived out there from 78 to 89.

haah where off of davis bend? i live in a really small subdivision right off of it, my house was built in i think 82 or so, yah they tore down and built like 4 new buildings just while i was there, they plan on tearing down everything and then just having like 6 big buildings, which i think is dumb, the bigger campus gives a different attitude than just a school with one big building like santa fe or something

I'm a repoman and I have a car that I am trying to repossess the girl moved to Alvin. I hate to drive 8 hours to find out her and the car are not there,,, if on the other hand someone drives by sees the car at the address then I know before I leave here that my car will be there for me to repo! Presto and free gloves for you!
SRAD

sounds fine to me, do you know the address? im willin to do it, anyone else in the area is fine too

We lived in Midas Estates out just past the crop dusting airport. There was also a little RC Aircraft airport across the street from the regular airport. If it was not raining, those things were buzzing all over the place like crazed bugs. The inlaws live in the subdivision between the airport and Davis Bend road, down near Rowan-Burton Rd.

Back