• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Donate Gear to help New Riders

small world, i live in the one your inlaws live in, do you know where in the subdivision ? or do they still live there?

They are still there, live on VanNess Dr.

haha i live in the back corner on stevenwood and vaness, i think its vaness lol

Right, they live down that road on the right a bit.

Is this still being read? I had to buy a new "passenger" helmet for a ride the other day. I have a Fulmer DOT-only modular helmet in black, size large. It has some "rash" from where I carried it in a bicycle basket at work and it bounced around. It doesn't even look deep, but if you worry about things like this, pass on this helmet. I can promise that it hasn't been dropped, but you have to trust me on it. I live in Orange, but I'm willing to ship it with paid shipping. I might can post a picture tomorrow.

sry i havent been on in so long, just wanna thank srad tho for the gloves, im yet to get a bike but im getting my credit ready to get a loan. thanks again guys

CJ I hope this gets you on the road! Stick in there buddy and let us know when you manage to get a bike
SRAD

I'm looking for a sm or med helemt for a friend of mine. We are gonna try to swing by a mc shop and try on some helmets to get a better idea, but all of my L or XL helemts are too big for her.

MaxxTraxx said:
I'm looking for a sm or med helemt for a friend of mine. We are gonna try to swing by a mc shop and try on some helmets to get a better idea, but all of my L or XL helemts are too big for her.

Interested in donating one of those L helmets to a different, new rider? I have a friend who is looking for a large, full face helmet. He's taking the MSF this weekend, going for license next week.

so, i bought my little ninjette about a month ago, not realizing that they were going to rape me on the cost of msf (250 bucks i think?)
anyways, i received a lid with the bike, except its a large, and i wear a small/medium. im more than willing to trade helmets or whatever. that, and, i need a jacket too. jacket would be either small or medium also. im willing to trade random stuff that i have lying around the house.

invision said:
not realizing that they were going to rape me on the cost of msf (250 bucks i think?)
Really? The fee is set by the state at $180 and discounts are available for families/groups. I realize the $180 can be a bit steep for folks, but I don't see how they got away with $250...

i lied. sort of. its 220 dollars, at Cowboy Harley in Beaumont, TX. cool kids that they are decided to stretch it out to a 5 day course. still, thats a lot more than I have right now, and me starting college this semester isnt helping the situation at all. so anything i could get...gloves, jacket, lid, pat on the back, etc etc would be incredibly awesome. :rider:

If you have a Honda and join HRCA for $40, they'll reimburse you for $75 of MSF beginner's course.

Oh, and how do you "sort of lie"?

Last edited:
invision said:
i lied. sort of. its 220 dollars, at Cowboy Harley in Beaumont, TX. cool kids that they are decided to stretch it out to a 5 day course. still, thats a lot more than I have right now, and me starting college this semester isnt helping the situation at all. so anything i could get...gloves, jacket, lid, pat on the back, etc etc would be incredibly awesome. :rider:

Have you actually taken the MSF yet? If not, go to How To Ride Motorcycle Training in Groves. http://www.howtoride.net/ I went there a couple of years ago, it had a different name. It's definitely cheaper than $220. Great guys teach it as well.

ahhh thanks for that link!! thats so much better than cowboy harley...you just saved me a LOT of money and time. :)

Hello all. I just put a down payment on an SV650S and I am going to pick it up Wednesday to take it to my mechanic. If he gives it a thumbs up, I am going to have a bike, but I don't have any gear. My friend is letting me borrow his helmet until I can get one though.

I went to a local store Cycle Gear and stuff seems very expensive, I do have some money to spend on gear if you want some money for it. Here are my sizes:
I am 6'1 190
Arai Helmet size L
Shoei helmet size L
Glove size L - Thanks to Deviate for the gloves
I am located in Garland, TX. Very close to Dallas and I am willing to drive up to 50-75 miles.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edit: I picked up a jacket recently and I am using my friends gloves and helmet untill I get money for ones of my own.

Oh ya, here is a picture of the bike :D I'm really excited!!!

I'm looking for a pair of cheap (free works too) motorcycle boots. I wear a 13 US. I'm trying to stay away from work-style boots since the toes are way too thick for the Aprilia.

Anyone have some lying around collecting dust? Or at least links where I can get some really cheap?

I've been wearing some Nike high-top wrestling shoes lately. Great for feel, but they only offer slightly more protection than a thick pair of socks.

Many thanks.

-Lee

Arai 3/4 (open face) helmet, white XL (new condition) - adopted

Icon Neo-Daytona leather jacket w/liner chest size 52 (good condition) - adopted

Sidi Strada Evo Tempur boots size 45 euro, 11 US (fair condition)

Kochmann Assen leather boots size 45 euro, 11 US (good condition)

Last edited:
hey guys, Im not riding yet, but Im trying to. I need to buy a bike, and looking at the cost of the bike, the MSF course, and gear, im screwed. Anyone who can get me anything would be a great help. PM me if you can.

Im 5'10'', 155 lbs. I wear size 13 boots.

invision said:

Question -- was that the MSF course, or Rider's Edge? There is a difference, although Rider's Edge is certified by MSF, I believe.

Lee

It was the msf course...unfortunately i still havnt taken it :(
college > me

Free to new home:
First Gear (Yellow/Black) Ladies jacket size Large, still has the rain liner and all zippers work fine. I will be at the New Ulm Pie Run this weekend and if you let me know you want it I can bring it then, OR if you want to pay shipping I will ship it to you. Only worn one season and has been taken care of (not ratted out). Sorry no pictures but can see if Keith will take one tonight and post up. Let me know. :rider:

*****gone*****sorry I forgot to put it here.

It's the one JoyRider has on in this photo...

057.JPG

Back