• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Donate Gear to help New Riders

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab We all remember what it was like trying to cover the cost of the MSF course, getting a bike, a helmet, gloves, blah blah blah... All too often I see or hear riders saying that they will get gear later when they can afford it. In an effort to help keep these people in one piece and to help you clear out your closet, this thread is where you can post up any gear or equipment that you would be willing to donate to new riders. They will of course still be expected to pay for shipping if necessary.

:tab So what do you have?

Last edited:
I'll post ua donation in a few days. What a great idea. BTW what are the qualifications to receive the gear? How do you pre-screen requests for items?

I don't screen squat :-P All transactions are done between the donor and donee directly. I don't have time to get involved beyond creating this forum ;-)

I have:

Joe Rocket Meteor jacket (blue) 2XL - GONE

Vega off-road helmet (black/gray) XL - Gone

Arai 3/4 helmet (white) XL - Gone

HJC CL-Max flip-front helmet (white) XL - includes dark smoke shield - GONE

HJC 1/2 helmet (black) XL - Gone

Various gloves mesh, textile and leather XL - Gone

For comparison, my cranium measures 61-62cm, and my head shape is oval. All equipment is in very good to excellent condition.

Last edited:
Tourmeister said:
I don't screen squat :-P All transactions are done between the donor and donee directly. I don't have time to get involved beyond creating this forum ;-)

Sometimes I worry too much!!:-P

Tourmeister said:

MAN, you're lazy...

Rhino Gloves Sz SM

These gloves are a little too small for me. They were my first pair, and I got a knock-off brand (Rino? Rhino?) online to try to save money. They fit, but they make my knuckles all red if I wear them.

Blue and black, looks like kevlar on the knuckles.

Free to new a rider who needs them to gear up (and whose hands will fit them). Local pick up (Houston) or just pay actual shipping.

I'll try to come up with a pic later if I can.

Various gloves mesh, textile and leather XL

I know what tourmaster means as to i'll get the gear when i can aford it. I just got a early Christmas present( tour master jacket) but i still am in need of a desient set of gloves . I am currently wearing a pair of old hunting gloves to attempt to provide some protection to my hands. Can i get more info on the ones you have Texmedic.

All I have left are the Vega off-road helmet, the HJC 1/2 helmet, the Arai 3/4 helmet and Firstgear mesh gloves.

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to get the yellow firstgear gloves from you. I work in Cedar Park at the fire department tomarrow. Can i possibly meet you somewhere to pick them up? Martin

Last edited:
Maybe I can arrange to have them ponyed out to Medic 27 on Lake Creek Parkway tomorrow. I'll be over in the 'hood on the east side.

You work for Travis County EMS? Occasionally , my station runs calls with Medic 25. If needed i get off at 7:30 Am on thursday morning, I could meet you some where to pick them up or go pick them up at one of the stations i'm just not real familiar with thier locations and thank you.

You work for Travis County EMS?

Yeah, Sr. District Commander (Shift Commander) on A-Shift

I'll send them out to Medic 27 with the District 2 Commander. They cohabitate with AFD on Lake Creek Parkway (Engine 38?). If you swing by Thursday morning and pop in the EMS side, they should be there. I'll tell them to let B-Shift know you are coming since they get off at 0700.

Thanks alot Kurt they are great, now i just need to get the courage to get on the bike. with the temperatures the way they have been the last few days i have thought twice before venturing out on it. Thanks again martin

How do you measure your head? I got a cloth measure and went a round my head like in the middle of the forehead and did a loose measurement. I keep getting 59, 60cm around there do you think any of your helmets would fit me?

Measure right above your eyebrows and occiput (the protrusion in the middle of the back of your skull. They would probably be a size too big.

hey Squeaky , Debbie says she has small hands and would like to try your gloves on , im working at allen parkway and dunlavy some of next week and grant road and jones the other part , maybe i could pick them up and let her try them on , if they dont fit , i could give them back or pass them on to someone that they will fit , give me a call 281-639-7758 thanks ,,,Casey

Back