• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Don't Go Riding in Denmark

Reaction score
They may confiscate your bike!

As crazy as it sounds, the Danish government has implemented a new law aiming at seizing and selling your bike if your riding is deemed dangerous. Thank God we live in the US!

Can't you get your bike impounded for reckless driving here?

Doing 100 mph down the interstate popping wheelies between cars?

Thought I saw a billboard about confiscated bikes in the north of Houston area.

Can't you get your bike impounded for reckless driving here?

Doing 100 mph down the interstate popping wheelies between cars?

Thought I saw a billboard about confiscated bikes in the north of Houston area.
They will auction your bike in Denmark. Even if it's a rental. Read the article.

It's a small country. If you see the cops, outrun them across the border.

Oh, and always use a fake plate!

Ever seen the motorcycle impound? I'm pretty sure a bike headed for auction will be treated better.

1643134231815.png

Thread title should be: Don't go riding like a fool in Denmark
Play stoopid games, win stoopid prizes.
So long as there is due process and not solely left to the judgement of one agency or rep thereof, I think I'm okay with that.

Our last trip to northern Italy and then Venice was interesting. The land of Ducati, MV Agusta, Ferrari etc has draconian, and enforced speed limits. As we toured with a guide, we had an interesting conversation about driving safety, cost of tickets, speed traps and cameras, and yes the Italian police will confiscate and impound your beautiful vehicle.

Makes sense to me. Driving in Europe is safer than most of USA, in my opinion. Dont try Cairo though.

Impounded and seized are two very different things. Impounded happens when you are arrested off you bike. It basically just means it went to the wrecker yard. Unless a hold is placed on your bike for evidence such as when you were involved in a bad accident or used it in a crime, you can pay your tow fee and get your bike out.

Seized means your bike was taken from you by the agency and a court hearing will be held to see if you get your bike back. This would only happen if you're using your bike to smuggle drugs or failed to pick it up from the wrecker lot.

Back