• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dove Hunt - Sept 7/8

Ok, weather shows to be HOT this weekend. 100*+

I’ll still be bird hunting, but skippin the ridin part, instead I’ll be in the pickup with a/c.

Anyone who wants to come hunt is still welcome to stay in the cabin, Friday or Sat night, just let me know.

Hopin for a cold front the weekend of ToF2.0.

I'm working on a bunch of stuff prepping for a 4k mile ride so cannot make it. I may pop a couple here in your honor though. I just see the little mourning doves here not the fat white wingers. Not enough meat to want to kill em and clean em to be honest.

Hey if they’re that dumb... advantage.
The feeders are NOT for the wild pigeons, they just think they are. So easy pickins

wheres the pics of the doves? I saw like perhaps a dozen in a day flying around my place and heard people firing some rounds on opening day and maybe the following weekend but not that many really. Slow year I guess.

We got a few birds in the morning, but was pretty poor hunting the rest of the weekend. & hot, dang I’m tired of the heat. We haven’t had a good season in a few years. At least we are closer to cooler weather & deer season.

I went hunting in the south zone this year and saw very few doves. Worst year ever. Wish they would add a week to the opening day. This is only the second year it opened a week earlier than previous years. The doves have not migrated down yet.

Back