• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dove Hunt - Sept 7/8

Reaction score
LETS MOVE THIS FROM TO THE WEEKEND OF SEPT 7/8

I’ll be hosting a dove hunt Sept 7/8. It’s 90 miles west of Ft Worth, & all TWT members are welcome. Strap a scattergun to your motorbike & come on.

So here’s the plan.

Meet up Sat afternoon for a 1:00 lunch in Graham at (you guessed it) the Burgers N Billiards hamburger joint. We’ll ride around that afternoon, aimlessly & listlessly, then camp at my bunkhouse that evening. Sunday mornin we’ll be up early, & ride to my Duff Prairie place (5 min away) where the sunflowers are 15’ tall & dove hunt all morning. If the birds are good, we’ll take a midday break for napping or other tomfoolery, & hunt that evenin also.

I can have 10-12 stay in bunk beds, & have plenty of camping also. RVs are ok, or tents/hammocks. If you want a bunk bed, let me know to reserve 1.

Game Wardens we everywhere come dove season, you’ll wanna be 100% legal.

Usually not a lot of birds, but who knows this year.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:
Update: Maximus, I apologize but I’m going to have to back out. Please offer my bunk to another deserving person. See you for the Tour of Forts 2.0. Good luck huntin’.
Count me in - reserve 1 bunk for UncleBuck please.

Last edited:
I may join y’all Saturday for the ride. I’m pretty good at riding around aimlessly. Can’t it make Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wild sunflowers near the highway on my driveway. Big ol fat white wings have been there for months flying in front of my pickup 😃

I will be there just to burn your store-bought firewood at the campfire Saturday night

You know that on opening day they are all going to fly to a large metropolitan city area and sit on electrical wires by a mall.

Yep, that's why the towns folk thank the hunters in Hondo Texas for thinning them out every year. And they appreciate the proceeds too.

Actually happened

Dang, I'm going to have to miss this. We will be out of the country otherwise I would have been there for this.
Thanks for the offer

Humm, that sounds like way too much fun. May have to join ya'll. Gotta check on the local dove population too, come to think of it. I'm hearing em, all day long out there, but not a lot that I see flying around cause i did not plant em anything special for them to eat. I'm guessing the ponds may help attract em.

Humm, that sounds like way too much fun. May have to join ya'll. Gotta check on the local dove population too, come to think of it. I'm hearing em, all day long out there, but not a lot that I see flying around cause i did not plant em anything special for them to eat. I'm guessing the ponds may help attract em.
Wait till 7 pm, then start lookin for them around your pond. Then You'll have them on a stick on the barbie

Ive always dove hunted and consumed what I've harvested but with no real gusto. I'm liking dove meat more and more . They say our taste bud receptors become less acute with age. I know this is true for me , I even ate liver and onions for the first time and didn't barf and I certainly like hot pepper with everything these days ( been on a habanero kick)

Ive always dove hunted and consumed what I've harvested but with no real gusto. I'm liking dove meat more and more . They say our taste bud receptors become less acute with age. I know this is true for me , I even ate liver and onions for the first time and didn't barf and I certainly like hot pepper with everything these days ( been on a habanero kick)

I’m always on a habanero kick. Love them.

Sadly I read an article today saying that excessive pepper consumption may be linked to senility.

Happily, I won’t remember that crap article in the morning.

Its only red chile pepper so far that causes instant senility. I'm screwed but you may not be :-) Love my Thai.

You know that on opening day they are all going to fly to a large metropolitan city area and sit on electrical wires by a mall.

Also make sure you get there at 3:15 pm when it's 118 in the shade in case any early flyers show up. Try to remain calm when your buddies shoot at mockingbirds 90 yards away.

I won't be far from you guys. I'll be hunting Hamilton County that weekend. Good luck!

Back