• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DR Big?

I like the idea, not sure like the look of the concept, looks dated to me. But if it's offroad worthy looks don't matter much.

I think the pic represents the old one, seems they are talking big as in V-twin, so I would expect a V-Strom motor variant in a more dirt worthy package. Not sure if this is realistic, but Asphalt and Rubber has been pretty spot on over time.

I think the pic represents the old one, seems they are talking big as in V-twin, so I would expect a V-Strom motor variant in a more dirt worthy package. Not sure if this is realistic, but Asphalt and Rubber has been pretty spot on over time.
You're right after going back and looking at the picture, just a senior moment, sorry.

The test mules from the article, lol, more modern looking!

Suzi trying to expand the "adv" line I guess. I wouldn't think they would call it a "DR" at all and I think they may give it a new model name all together.

If it's going to be a DR they better hit that one out of the park. If they are wanting to make an offroad vstrom, they should call it that.

Last edited:
Those wheels in woodsguy's post don't look very offroady. Maybe just some street testing of the general bike without specific wheels.

I’d be much more interested in something resembling the original, if not in motor design at least in look and spirit. The test mules look way too similar to existing offerings in both design and weight.

Back