• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DriveMode Dashboard App...

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
I have to admit that I am always searching for THE best riding app. I saw this one on ADVRIDER and it really peaked my interest. The designer reached out for rider input and is really listening. What a concept...it's a work in process and fun to watch. The small CI Controller is too cool.

Reactions: my6
I have spent most of this rainey day reading all 45 pages of posts on the thread. What more could you ask from an app designer then to be actively asking for rider input (he's a rider too)and then making those changes in a very timely manner. I think this stuff is the future of adventure riding.

This looks really good. I'm going to spend more time with it and see how I like it in actual riding situations.

Anyone here have the hardware controller buttons?

Eh... More than vaporware but not much depth of features there yet and already going to be an expensive monthly service for maps. Gah.

I have spent most of this rainey day reading all 45 pages of posts on the thread. What more could you ask from an app designer then to be actively asking for rider input (he's a rider too)and then making those changes in a very timely manner. I think this stuff is the future of adventure riding.
Just to point out, if you have used bubblergps at all, this is the same. The developer is a rally rider who geared the app around what he saw needed for rally riding and logging locations and images at bonus locations. Money spent on the app helps put gas in his tank.

Having the ability to switch between/zoom in&out of any apps that are on either my phone or my
tablet without having to take my hand off my grip is of interest to me. I'd much rather spend $250 on a Bluetooth switch than thousands on hospital bills.

This is getting good now...

Attachments

• 20210205_184830.jpg
    20210205_184830.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 445
You can add any mapping app that suits your fancy. At this time it is FREE!
The app IS a work in progress and their Maps and gpx apps will have a small fee. A whole $1.00 a month.

I'm not sure I understand the value of it, at least at this stage. If it lets you launch any map app, why not just launch that app when you start your ride?

@my6 do you have the controller? What are some of the things you can do with the controller and the app(s) that maybe I'm not thinking of?

Last edited:
I do NOT. That single bad boy is $250+shipping and I'm saving my pennies. The benefit of it is being able to switch on the fly between whatever app you have chosen to add to the screen. From what I read there are plans within plans as to what is coming down the road too.

I will admit that I am by no means an aficionado in the world of the builders of this app. Quite frankly coding is way over my head. I suggest anyone interested read the thread on advrider.com. It's not very often you get to watch an App be built, especially one for riders.

I do NOT. That single bad boy is $250+shipping and I'm saving my pennies. The benefit of it is being able to switch on the fly between whatever app you have chosen to add to the screen. From what I read there are plans within plans as to what is coming down the road too.
I'm with you on that price. I like to see the innovation and features of the controller but the price.. I'll pick up a lot of other things before it. I'm also not quite sure I understand the point of the app except as an easy to read dashboard of time and speed.

Maybe if someone here buys it, they can tell us how they like it.

You can add any mapping app that suits your fancy. At this time it is FREE!

I'm not sure I understand the value of it, at least at this stage. If it let's you launch any map app, why not just launch that app when you start your ride?
I feel the same way. I just start the mapping app I like at the beginning of the ride.

Back