• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRZ experts inside

The E cams that I ordered finally arrived. I did a visual inspection and found a spot that might be cause for concern. Can @E.Marquez chime in with your opinion? Also, how do I make sure that the auto decomp is in solid working order?

Attachments

• 36A3C4C6-AE53-4140-8536-83D8924C518B.jpeg
    36A3C4C6-AE53-4140-8536-83D8924C518B.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 189
  • D30A515E-81B0-4B7C-B0C5-C66BD75B87D0.png
    D30A515E-81B0-4B7C-B0C5-C66BD75B87D0.png
    923.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
The E cams that I ordered finally arrived. I did a visual inspection and found a spot that might be cause for concern. Can @E.Marquez chime in with your opinion? Also, how do I make sure that the auto decomp is in solid working order?
Are you talking about the dimple , left side of left pic?
cam.jpg

If so, I might be inclined to stone the high spot down a little, other than that non issue.
on the auto decomp, your looking for either of the two pins to be loose in the part they are mounted into

Last edited:
The pin that looks like a hockey stick has some play. The larger one seems fine. Should I just remove the decomp assembly? Can it be rebuilt?

The pin that looks like a hockey stick has some play. The larger one seems fine. Should I just remove the decomp assembly? Can it be rebuilt?
the small pin in the red circle is the biggest issue... it gets loose and falls out or has been found broken (but did it happen before it got loose or after it fell out?)
pin.jpg

the small pin in the red circle is the biggest issue... it gets loose and falls out or has been found broken (but did it happen before it got loose or after it fell out?) View attachment 252499
Oh and no its not rebuild able, no service parts available.
The Decomp assembly can be removed, but then you have no decomp for ease of starting

I am running 11.3 comp on a 434cc with fcr39 and full yoshi. I read that higher comp motors have more issues with the auto decomp removed. Also, I didnt install the cams due to one exhaust valve being at .007. Also, i noticed some chain stretch...should i replace the cam chain based on this picture:

Attachments

• 641594A5-0644-460A-AB5A-13F7E06EC12F.jpeg
    641594A5-0644-460A-AB5A-13F7E06EC12F.jpeg
    430.9 KB · Views: 182
Cover is fine it should seal.
For the head, use a pick, run the point of it in the corner to scrape out that last bit. Go easy your not mining for aluminum
I cleaned it up with a pick and re-assembled with replacement hoses. I followed your guide on TT for the cooling system service. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Check your messages

Erik

sometimes humans just make me laugh

To the “anonymous “person who Emailed me concerned that I was taking advantage of a fellow member asking “real “money in private to do such a simple job as asked for on an exhaust cam.

your implied premise that if I wasn’t trying to take advantage of him I wouldn’t have done it in a private message is it serious or assumption on your part

The big secret message I sent him was
Drop the cam box wrapped well and with a $20 bill I’ll take care of it and mail you back your cam the next day.

The $20 bill was the cover $10 or so priority Mail with insurance and tracking

About five minutes in the shop to do the two task requested probably 30 minutes all told unpacking working packing

A shipping box, packing materials, packaging tape and a printed shipping label all from my business supplies

Drive to the post office stand in line ship the package drive back to the shop another 30 minutes

after all expenses I’ll probably clear about $7.90 for an hours worth of my time

I invoice at $55-$95 an hour depending on whether or not it’s mechanical work metal fabrication welding or something on the lathe or mill

Mr. anonymous Gmail account person
I don’t offer help to people for money per say
I do charge people when it’s a business proposition but not to help

I figured the $20 bill was a simple solution to cover shipping and whatever shipping materials and expendables are used

which is fine just another reinforcement to my belief of why I like dogs more than most people I meet

To those of helped no worries ask again I can I will
Anybody else same thing ask if I can I will

if I feel it needs to be a business negotiation and process I’ll tell you upfront make you a fair offer
no harm no foul except or decide not to

If the anonymous messenger would like to have an adult conversation, well you seem to have my contact info

So send me an email a text or call
if you live close by come on over I’ll pour a cuppa coffee and we’ll chat maybe after that you’ll realize I’m not out to take advantage of others.

Last edited:
People forget there's two reasons to take the conversation about money offline. Either the guy is ripping him off, or he's offering a non standard deal that he doesn't want to be held to by every person to stumble across the post online in the future.

I ordered some RMZ250/450 swingarm protectors from Polisport. I mounted the right side fairly easy(had to remove the tabs that hold the brake hose to the swingarm) but I am using a dremel to cut the left side where the chain guard tabs and the chain guide fixtures are. Looks good, though, and only cost $29

Attachments

• E779EB0E-FA05-4E09-9284-80AB89201375.jpeg
    E779EB0E-FA05-4E09-9284-80AB89201375.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 164
I've known E for a very long time. More than a decade (?) now maybe? I've never dealt with a more upstanding gentleman. Usually it has been pm's simply so people don't see how dumb the questions are...... :lol2:

I noticed some slight wear on the cam caps. I’m adjusting the valves in anticipation of installing e cams and noticed this: any insight? I’m thinking cam chain tension was too tight. Any good advice on how to set my mcct with the valve cover off?

Attachments

• ED0E4507-38B4-4ADE-B00A-BFD24246EEA4.jpeg
    ED0E4507-38B4-4ADE-B00A-BFD24246EEA4.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 158
Went ahead and got everything buttoned up! I can definitely feel the power difference with the e cams. The bike is running proper now!

Back