• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRZ idle problems after new tank install

Reaction score
Own a 2014 DRZ400S model and installed a new Acerbis 3.7 tank with a gravity flow petcock that came with it. The stock petcock was vacuum operated so the vacuum hose is now disconnected but not plugged. Ive been reading that maybe the issue is that I need to plug the vacuum hose and thats why my idle is really high with the choke out.

If I do need to plug just the hose, can I just use a plug purchased from an automotive shop?

Plug the vacuum hole on the carb, should stop the fast idle. You can test it with your finger.

Thank you sir! Can I just plug the hose? Im not sure I know how to get in there to pull the hose and plug the hole at the carb.

Should be fine just plugging hose but if you get a chance later on I'd plug at carb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you pop the tank off, you can follow the hose to the carb pretty easily and plug it there.

P1011968.jpg

Back