• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Class

Reaction score
TSCEC, Texas State Championship Enduro Circuit, has opened up a new class for all of those who love dual sport bikes. Sign ups are on LIVELAPS.com. For more info on our curcuit and where we race please visit www.tscec.org. or contact tscecenduro1973@gmail.com. We are trying to get more events together, and if we have enough interest, we would like to hold a 3-5 day dual sport rider.

Did anything come of this? I know there has been a Honda 500x racing I would be interested. Thinking of racing the 690 at Barteau ranch race for Black Jack.

I am not sure what TSCEC is doing. It is not a true dual sport class, It is open to anything with a license plate. So, all the KTMs that are real dirt bikes with lights, 500 exc and 350 exc, etc. will dominate that class. Which is silly. I can ride one of those bikes almost as fast as my race bike. Also any convertd real dirt bike that has a valid plate. Just another opportunity for more sandbaggers. Whatever.

Awe well that sucks been racing cross country for the last 8 years though this would have been fun I guess they are ds also

I am not sure what TSCEC is doing. It is not a true dual sport class, It is open to anything with a license plate. So, all the KTMs that are real dirt bikes with lights, 500 exc and 350 exc, etc. will dominate that class. Which is silly. I can ride one of those bikes almost as fast as my race bike. Also any convertd real dirt bike that has a valid plate. Just another opportunity for more sandbaggers. Whatever.

If those aren’t dual sports then what are they?

If those aren’t dual sports then what are they?
Have you ever raced?

Serious dirt bikes with a lights and a plate, that have a gigantic advantage over a true dual sport bike in an off road race. A WR250R, A DRZ, a 690, etc has no chance. All my riding buddies have street legal KTM 300s that have been converted to street titles, and technically could be ridden in this class TSCEC has no rules on what the bike type is--just that it has a legal registration.

Reactions: JMZ
TSCEC has no rules on what the bike type is--just that it has a legal registration.
I tried looking for their rules, but couldn't find anything. If it is as simple as (motorcycle with valid registration) then I completely agree with you. It will just end up being a total sandbag class.

I also agree that a true dual sport class would be kind of cool. While they are doing it, make it a dual sport course. Sure you have the off road course, but there is a 30 mile out and back on pavement to get to a checkpoint. Obviously that part wouldn't be timed or anything due to legality, but it would certainly be interesting.

Have you ever raced?

Serious dirt bikes with a lights and a plate, that have a gigantic advantage over a true dual sport bike in an off road race. A WR250R, A DRZ, a 690, etc has no chance. All my riding buddies have street legal KTM 300s that have been converted to street titles, and technically could be ridden in this class TSCEC has no rules on what the bike type is--just that it has a legal registration.

I have raced, and I fully understand your point. I just didn’t know if you were classifying those KTM bikes as something else. Heck, those are the ones I’d call the “real” dual sports.

I have raced, and I fully understand your point. I just didn’t know if you were classifying those KTM bikes as something else. Heck, those are the ones I’d call the “real” dual sports.

Right. When TSCEC was discussing it, the original spirit was to accomodate a different kind of bike and a new type of rider, instead of creating yet another class for bikes that were already race-capable. Maybe that explains it better.

Right. When TSCEC was discussing it, the original spirit was to accomodate a different kind of bike and a new type of rider, instead of creating yet another class for bikes that were already race-capable. Maybe that explains it better.

Ah...gotcha. If that is the intention, I don’t see a way to exclude the “race ready” dual sports without specifying exactly what models are allowed to compete in the class.

After thinking about it I don’t know how you would determine what is a dual sport? Other than weight or suspension travel. There was talk I think In Torn about an adventure bike class but the 690 really doesn’t fall in that class either.

No matter what, I'll bet sandbaggers ruin it. Lots of insecure folks out there who just have to get a meaningless trophy. Will never change. Maybe forego trophies and give folks a chance to ride great terrain they couldn't otherwise. Lots of the W TX stuff is awesome but restricted to events only. No, I don't have the answer.

Back