• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Kits for 2020 WR450F

This set includes the horn. Also includes the flasher if you wanted to do turn signals. Turn signals not required though.

Ordering this as well. You rock. Thanks a ton!!!

I used this for a switch...

Also need a 12v relay as you can't hook the horn directly through the switch as it draws too many amps.

Happy to help you out on the install. Not really looking to get paid for it so I'm cheap, but we also might need to work out a time after my real job in the evening or a weekend I'm not riding.

Pm me and we can figure it out.
Thanks, I will search for a 12V relay and when everything arrives will PM you so we can arrange a time. You are the best. Thanks so much. Oh, I will need to figure out the PM feature LOL

I've been following this thread for some time, and am ready to do the same on my new-to-me 2017 WR450F. RMA shows the Tusk kit as model specific for the 2017, plus they have the dual sport tires that I need. I live in MAss, where turn signals are required. I figure that the Tusk kit will get me legal, then I can tweak it from there, like the multi-function switches, etc. It's plated in SD, for inquiring minds. Keep us all posted please!
IMG_20210416_153755694.jpg

I've been following this thread for some time, and am ready to do the same on my new-to-me 2017 WR450F. RMA shows the Tusk kit as model specific for the 2017, plus they have the dual sport tires that I need. I live in MAss, where turn signals are required. I figure that the Tusk kit will get me legal, then I can tweak it from there, like the multi-function switches, etc. It's plated in SD, for inquiring minds. Keep us all posted please!View attachment 290845
Love the bike. Does Tusk have your kit in stock?

Yes Rocky Mountain stocks it, however I decided to go a slightly different path, by ordering what I wanted online from a couple of sources. I wanted multi-function switches that were more like OEM style, plus an LED tail tidy, etc. Very nice bike indeed, as the previous owner did all of the mods on it, and was kind enough to give me the FMF system to install. In the mean time, I have the 250L behind it to ride.

Huge shout out to you all for all the info. Super huge shout out and props to @2WheelNut for bringing the concept to the finish line. I could have never done it without his help. **** he pretty much did it all for me and it only cost me some beers and burgers!! Yesterday I went on my first "legal dual sport ride on the 2020WR450F. Mind Blown how well it handled on the twisties of LImeCreek road in Austin. Even with Knobbies! Of course it was already a stellar offroad rig! I picked up some soft saddlebags, rear rack and bag and exhaust heat shield. I already have a front fender bag. Preparing for my MOAB, AZ and CO trip in June and would like to get a good tank bag. Anyone recommend a tank bag that would work well on the 2020 WR450F? Hoping to find one that I don't have to remove when refueling. The WR is kinda wierd with the AirFilter up front and HideAway Gas cap...

Back