• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport/Offroad training courses in the area?

Jarrett, where are you staying Saturday night and Sunday?

Day 1 in the books. It was fun and mentally exhausting. Hoping I can survive whatever they have cooked up for tomorrow.
Do the rock climb yet? I might come ride my dirty bike tomorrow.

Was good to see Ocho again and hangout with him. Good to meet Drunk Uncle and other TWT'ers there as well.

Great seeing all the TWTers and RTB people. Jarrett and I held hands (don’t ask). I pulled a muscle in my arm trying to save my motorcycle in one of the drills. Live and learn, just let it drop! Hoping it’s no big deal.

The venue seems to have the scary sandyish roads I fear after an off couple of weeks ago. Hoping we get to ride more and learn good technique.

You guys doing the class have fun. Fingers crossed the weather holds out, it's been nice when it hasn't been wet.
Had the chance to take Brad's last (or one of his last) dirt classes at the Freezeree '18, I learned so much that I still work on. Brad is a real class act instructor, I'm bummed I don't get a chance to take more from him. I enjoyed giving him a hard time...the look on his face when my invetiable "Look ma, no hands!!" moments :lol2:

ASPR where is this ranch? Headed down to Corpus to ride Park Road 22 over a Sun / Mon. Also a Knobby on the front makes a huge difference.
When you went out there, where'd you ride off of PR 22? Take any runs off to the sides towards the channel, coast side or further south past the National Seashore? Curious, I only use it to get to the seashore's north beach area to fish. I wondered about taking the bike out there but not certain where I'd run it. It's long, straight and flat on the asphalt. One year I had the torture to run it on the first leg of Beach to Bay relay.

I dont think they took the class, we haven't seen any pictures!

Hoping @Tourmeister will start an after the ride deal with all his pictures. Looked like he got some good ones.

Class was a blast, at least after the fact. During it I was mostly just terrified :)

It was good to see Woodsguy and Tourmeister out today. Good to see and talk with y'all again.

Hoping everyone made it home safe. Might have some new folks joining the forum soon.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's experience at the training, it was a good one. I'll write something up tomorrow.

One pic in the meantime. This is Bill Dragoo's son making it look easy:

Drunk Uncle went right after him and had no problems with it at all. He has the skillz.

Of course, the picture doesn't do it justice. Much more treacherous than it looks here. Gave me K-Trail flashbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got loads of pics, but not too much action stuff because I did not get out there until a few hours before the end. I did get some video of the riders going back and forth through the big rocky creek bed. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to post those or whether I have to upload them to YouTube first.

Check their websites.

Google RawHyde Adventure and Dragoo Adventure. They should come up near the top.

Back