• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Ride - Arkansas - March 13,14 - Mena to Mt. Magazine & Back - UPDATED DATE

I live and ride in NW Arkansas.
Mid-March can still be dicey for weather up here, especially on top of the ridges.

Be sure to check the forecast ten days out.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

We have decided to go anyway for the original dates of Feb 26-28. I've always said I can do rain, or cold, but not both and it looks like it will be 50s and 60s so not cold, but definitely wet.

We are changing the plan though. Instead of camping, we just extended the stay at Shadow RV for 2 nights so we'll ride an out and back loop around Mena. We'll have 2 dirt bikes and a 790r so I don't think the rain or mud will mess with us too much unless we get into some tougher routes. I'm re-working some routes tonight to decide where we ride.

All that to say that we're going and planning to do our own thing at this point but if someone wants to join us, I don't mind sharing our routes and plans. Just PM me or I can start another thread so I don't mess up this one.

I hope the post information is useful to some.

Post up pics of the adventures. Work and life are interfering with riding and we won't be going this weekend. Have fun.

Sorry to hear.

If you decide to go later. I'd be interested.

When we went, we just rode stuff that I had ridden before so I haven't done your route yet.

Iā€™m out for this one as well. Too much rain forecasted for me. I want to attend however, when the weather decides to cooperate!

Back