• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ducati Scrambler Urban Motard

Reaction score
I considered a Ducati Scrambler a while back but maintenance and configuration kept me away. I couldn't get the right combo. Ducati has introduced the Urban Motard and it looks great. I may have to reconsider...

er-Ducati-Urban-Motard-Dynamic-Gallery-01-1200x675.jpg

i have a buddy who lives in Europe, he has and has had tons of bikes, big small, sporty, etc. He bought a Scrambler and he praises it all the time. Granted he lives in the midst of small twisty mountain roads, and he commutes within the city on it. Might be a different story droning down I-10.

I think they are cool and this one and the desert sled look cool.

I like the looks of this one. The Desert Sled has been a favorite of mine for a long time now. I just can't afford a Ducati at the moment.

This bike was supposed to come out in April. I haven't seen one at any dealer. No one seems to have one just yet. It's low tech so there shouldn't be too many problems manufacturing it. What's going on Ducati?

That's is a very cool looking bike. I'd love to have one but I just don't know how I'd use it or if it'd look ridiculously small under me. Love the look of the pipes. I wonder if those are factory because they look so small and stylish, unlike most factory pipes you see.

Look forward to seeing one in the flesh.

I felt this way about the Indian 1200 FTR as well and took one for a spin. Left me a bit cold.

That's is a very cool looking bike. I'd love to have one but I just don't know how I'd use it or if it'd look ridiculously small under me. Love the look of the pipes. I wonder if those are factory because they look so small and stylish, unlike most factory pipes you see.

Look forward to seeing one in the flesh.

I felt this way about the Indian 1200 FTR as well and took one for a spin. Left me a bit cold.
The Scrambler is only 73 HP so if the FTR left you cold, the Ducati may not lift your spirit. But it's also a lot lighter than the FTR. I had the chance to ride the Cafe Racer version (it's got the same 17" wheels - frame and engine is the same on all Scramblers 800). I had a blast! I think the Urban Motard has all the best parts of the other Scramblers.

The Scrambler is only 73 HP so if the FTR left you cold, the Ducati may not lift your spirit. But it's also a lot lighter than the FTR. I had the chance to ride the Cafe Racer version (it's got the same 17" wheels - frame and engine is the same on all Scramblers 800). I had a blast! I think the Urban Motard has all the best parts of the other Scramblers.
73 really isn't much for streetbike! To me anyway. I'm nowhere near a speed demon buy the 850 has around 90, of course heavier. But if it was a straight street bike, I'd be cold as @copb8 said. But it's plenty for bikes intended purposes.

Back