• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dyna Beads

Yeah, shouldn't need much. Sometimes I've had to sort of press on the tire or sit on it a bit to get a stubborn one to seat.

All righty then Sir Screwball ,, may I call you Sir Screwball? :D Are these BBs a good choice? I assume plastic but I can't find anything stating what they are made of but it was the smallest quantity Academy had on the shelf. Also, I don't have a scale of any kind so can you tell me @ how many BBs=1oz?
per info with my order: they are CERAMIC. enjoy

Interesting, even after handling them I thought they were plastic. Thanks Wally!

Yesterday:
Going against the grain of others, I removed the 1.5oz of weights from the last professional mount/balance and put just the wheel in the static balancer. While not completely random stop points around the dial, it did vary between 330 & 830. With no weight mark on the tire I mounted it and threw it on the balancer and it would stop with the stem between 4 & 8. I put 1/4oz opposite and the weight was too much so off it came. Next I poured some BBs in my calibrated hand and compared it to a weight, decided to double that and dropped it in the tire. Coming from the school of "if some is good . . . " I added more and quit. A winded way of saying I have no clue how much. šŸ˜±

Today:
I did not remove the valve core but did sit on, squish & hug the tire but only got soap bubbles in return however the strap around the tire worked like a champ.

I button everything up and go for ride on the same track Thrashberg used and I couldn't be happier. Smooth as silk and so much quieter than the worn out tire. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. :thumb:

Back