• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Tex 450 Camping Suggestions

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perdue
Ok guys, I rode this loop last year and stayed at the suggested KOAs. This year I am looking to get off the grid a little more and find some primitive camping. I have found some places on freecampsites.net. Just reaching out to see if anyone has some good spots off the beaten path, on the roads less traveled.

When are you planning to ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor permitting. I broke my finger a couple weeks back. Should be good to go but won't know till next week

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I’m looking at doing this ride Memorial Day Weekend. I’m working on camp sites as well. I’ll post anything I run across that’s not a traditional KOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The year of the Rains we were headed to Beans Campground, but ended up staying at Holly Park Marina. The rooms were spacious, cheap and the kind of place you don't feel bad about stripping off mud soaked gear. When the ET was a bigger deal Beans would roll out the red carpet for the riders and make us all feel welcome.

I've found some free camping we are going to try and stay at. There is a little place in the north east corner of Davy Crockett national Forest. And there are a few places across Sam Rayburn we are going to check out. Our backup plan usually involves a KOA or cheap hotel.

The maps start and end in rusk. I made changes to the route to accommodate the free camp sites this year.

I cant seem to find the website I downloaded them from but I have attached the 450.kmz.

Attachments

• EasTex450_KMZ.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 233
Few pics of the campgrounds. Both are very primitive. No water or facilities. Set your camp up wherever.
d8adb51d5d67bacae6625ad5d1d2efbc.jpg
9b6bff14c9d0ae35f583ddf189651a4e.jpg

Awesome pics. I'm riding the ride this weekend. Any changes to your route?

Back