• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450 – Nov 6 and 7, 2021

Better check your chain.
Memories of the DRZ 400 and the rounded off back sprocket? Ting Ting Ting - what is that noise?
The chain jumping teeth if you want to call those nubs teeth.

I made some (Cheap) hotel reservations. Need to put some new tires on the DRZ but I should be in.

I've got to work that weekend, so I'll be watching as people pass by. Anyone who's good at planning for dirty trips have an estimate for likely times that riders will be on county roads 3400, 3900, 3325 by Colmesneil and Rockland?
My guess would be 8:45 to 9:30ish, but your crystal ball works as well as mine. The route looks like it touches all those roads. I bet if you could really disrupt the ride if you set up a table with free sliced watermelon on it. Folks would be emergency braking and crashing into each other trying to get to your table. :-)

If there really strong are know how to pick it up then they may not fit the definition, depending on the bike and the situation, it's all about knowing what you can do and or capable of doing I have come across a lot of folks with bikes on there side in the dirt that had the strength but not the know how to get them selfs out of the situation.
Should add this to my definition

Pretty much any bike appropriate for this ride is a total piece of cake to lift with a buddy using the correct technique. If the lie is really bad, you may have trouble anyway, however. Bret Tkacs has a good video I suggest y'all watch.

Dang. I will be taking our Cub Scout Pack camping that weekend at Bovay Scout Ranch. One day I hope to make this ride.

Back