• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas 450 next weekend?

TX50

Reaction score
My brother and I rode the west and south portions of the ET450 in the spring. Basically from Rusk to the Sam Rayburn dam. It was pretty dry with alot of deep, loose sand for the most part. We are contemplating trying to ride the remainder of the east and north portions next weekend. Can anyone with more experience in riding that section give input on how it will be after the rains this week? We dont mind an adventure but not looking to struggle with miles of mud bogs either. We are both relatively new dirt riders and on KLRs.

There are some sections that can be slick and some that are sticky. There are also some of the wooden bridges that can be real slick when combined with muddy tires. I have done it wet when I got caught off guard. I would probably skip it this coming weekend if we get the rain amounts they are predicting.

If it rains as much as they are predicting, you'll probably be in "miles of mud bogs" as you said. If you choose to do it anyway, about the only spot I can think of is a huge "puddle" across Red Hollow road, about 40 mins outside of Livingston. If you follow my routes (linked below), it will take you on a bypass on Jones Rd. to avoid it. I'd wait until another weekend though, just 'cause I doubt it will dry out fast enough after this much rain. Have fun!

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. If either of you are in that general area can you advise tomorrow how much rain actually fell so we can make an informed decision? I'd hate to miss a ride if the conditions are good. But neither one of us is in that area to scout it out.

Sorry, but unfortunately, I'm not.

Back